Olight i6 vs Fenix tk21 which one is better

cheeman150

Newly Enlightened
Which one is more reliable, better priced, better performance, and which one should i get.

dheim

Newly Enlightened
never tried the olight so i can't really help you, but - if using LiIons is a mandatory requisite, i've just discovered that the TK21 doesn't run with 18650s, although fenix website states the contrary... i tried 3 brands and none worked well. no turbo and no low, just high and medium...

with CR123s is a great light, but i can make no comparison with the i6

matthewcyho

Newly Enlightened
I think olight i6 is more better , because it can give you move throw and more brighter , but i have both of them , so i love both of them

subwoofer

Flashlight Enthusiast
I reviewed the TK21 here http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?317515-Fenix-TK21-U2-%E2%80%93-A-review-in-four-parts

The TK21 is very fussy over its 18650 use. Protected 18650s don't really fit (I did find some shorter ones that just did), but it has protection built in so you can safely use unprotected cells. You will need some reasonable ones, but mine runs fine on the green ultrafire 2600mAh unprotected 18650s. It will give me 45-60 mins on turbo before dropping to high depending on if this is all in one go or in several sessions. In fact I get more runtime in one go which may be due to the torch getting warm and keeping the 18650 going.

The i6 is cheaper and doesn't have as many modes. The TK21 has several modes and the front switch to change mode is really good combined with the forward clicky tail switch.

According to the standardised specifications for throw, the TK21 U2 has a beam range of 214m and output of 468lm and the i6 200m and 420lm, so matthewcyho's comment about the i6 having better throw and being brighter seems strange.

In my test I found the output of the TK21 slightly higher on 18650 compared to CR123.

I wouldn't say one or the other is better as they are different. Which is better for you will be based on budget and if you want more than two modes.

Let us know what you decide and why.