Quick question. TK70 wattage?

BirdofPrey

Enlightened
Was showing my TK70 to some local LEOs awhile ago and they asked how many watts it draws. I had to admit I didn't know and a quick search from my phone didn't give me much luck on an answer.

So, anyone actually have an answer on this question? Obviously speaking of it being in turbo mode.

Sent via HTC Thunderbolt using Tapatalk.

samgab

Flashlight Enthusiast
All credit to user HKJ for this chart:
tALo52

As you can see, it uses between 30 and 35 Watts of power on turbo.
And the current on turbo ranges between 4.5 Amps up to about 9.5 Amps as the battery becomes depleted and the regulation circuit does it's thing.

BirdofPrey

Enlightened
Impressive. I was just curious myself as well due to the fact that while it doesn't have the sheer lumens of my 35 watt HID, it is just as bright (to my eyes) as said HID where its important. My HID just lights up EVERYTHING from my feet out. The TK70 lights what I need and a large swath around it and just about as brightly.

samgab

Flashlight Enthusiast
Impressive. I was just curious myself as well due to the fact that while it doesn't have the sheer lumens of my 35 watt HID, it is just as bright (to my eyes) as said HID where its important. My HID just lights up EVERYTHING from my feet out. The TK70 lights what I need and a large swath around it and just about as brightly.

Yeah, the stats are impressive alright... That's about 10-12 Watts per XM-L emitter. Yipe.
I guess factors involved would be percentages of loss due to heat, HID vs. LED, and also optics design and efficiency.