L4 Switch

Lebkuecher

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got a L4 today and I must say its a very nice light, can't wait for the darkness to come. The one thing that bothers me is the switch. The momentary activation is fine but the constant-on "click" is very hard to activate. I have to use to hands to click it far enough down to get the constant on. I would like to hear what you guys have experienced with the switch. Can anyone give some advice on how to make it easier to activate the constant on?

Size15's

Flashaholic
There have been lots of topics on this.
There are ways to make it easier - people have explained how.
However, you may like to click it for a while (and it should become easier). I know the first time I had a Z57 I was clicking it like a madman.

Al

FlashlightOCD

Enlightened
Just a FYI,

If you are not so mechanically inclined [like myself], LitFuse will do a super Z57 fix for a reasonable price. He repaired three for me.

keithhr

Flashlight Enthusiast
LitFuse has come up with a wonderful fix for the bad surefire switch, maybe they should hire him as an engineer. I clicked the heck out of mine and it made no difference until the LitFuse fix was applied.

Lebkuecher

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks guys

After clicking a few hundred times it seems to be better. I called Surefire and they said to do the same thing.

LitFuse

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Lebkuecher said:
Thanks guys

After clicking a few hundred times it seems to be better. I called Surefire and they said to do the same thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lebkuecher, working the switch *may* make it slightly better, but adding the spacer *will* make it great! It's a night and day difference. I don't know why anyone would be willing to put up with that crappy switch. Either do the mod yourself or send it to me, you will not be sorry. All mods performed by me are satisfaction guaranteed, if your not thrilled with the results, I'll send your money back no questions asked. You can get the washer from the (-) end of a SF123 battery and the rest of the info is in the referenced thread. I will link pictures of an "exploded" clickie for reference. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Peter

logicnerd411

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
LitFuse said:
[ QUOTE ]
Lebkuecher said:
Thanks guys

[/ QUOTE ]

Lebkuecher, working the switch *may* make it slightly better, but adding the spacer *will* make it great! It's a night and day difference. I don't know why anyone would be willing to put up with that crappy switch. Either do the mod yourself or send it to me, you will not be sorry. All mods performed by me are satisfaction guaranteed, if your not thrilled with the results, I'll send your money back no questions asked. You can get the washer from the (-) end of a SF123 battery and the rest of the info is in the referenced thread. I will link pictures of an "exploded" clickie for reference. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Peter

[/ QUOTE ]

I just did this Friday in less than 30 minutes. The clickie is PERFECT now. I really love it, and I recommend that you do it too.

Dan

keithhr

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think Surefire's solution to fix the switch is rather marvelous and relies on one's ability to be sensitive to subliminal messages and the power of positive thinking mixed in with wishful thinking. I clicked my switch till my finger hurt and if I practiced the above techniques I could imagine that it somehow made a difference, but since my finger was already sore, it actually felt more difficult because I was able to apply less pressure after trying the Surefire fake fix. The LitFuse fix is so much better that it makes Surefire look silly by suggesting that people click their switch until it works better. LitFuse has supplied pictures on the order of assembly of the modified switch assembly which were perfect for the technically challenged like myself. Anyone that owns an L4 should modify the switch or send it to LitFuse because it makes a huge difference. His money back gurantee says it all.

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Leb,

I bought an L4 and liked what it could do although the switch made me less than perfectly satisfied. I sent my tailcap to Litfuse and he returned it in one week, fixed. Now I love, love, love my L4. It is the perfect EDC for me and with a clickie that works smoothly and lightly, I now can use it with no conscious thought or reservation. In a word, either do the washer fix yourself or just send it to Litfuse.

Wilkey

Lebkuecher

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think I will send the switch to LitFuse after I go camping this weekend. It has loosened up quit a bit, but could probably be better then what it is. It's about twice as hard to click compared to my LSH-P.

I went out in the woods tonight and just couldn't believe how nice this light really is. Other then the switch it's perfect. I'm not sure I can go a week without it now that I have one. I wish I had bought one month's ago. I got lucky; this light is pure white. It has the perfect combination of hot spot and flood. I still can't believe how bright this light is. Man, I just love this light.

Latest posts