G2 advice

varmint

Enlightened
Could anyone tell me what LED to get for my older G2 SF that would be an inexpensive dropin where I could use all my rechargeable batteries in it, I have OVER bought lately due to this forum! Just a good using beam is all I am looking for, tint not important, this will be a using light in a truck on a ranch.
Thanks to all in advance.
I have rcr123's, 18650,18500 batteries.
Also a source for the lamp assembly.

Last edited:

jh333233

Flashlight Enthusiast
On DX or Fleabay you can see a bunch of third party D26 dropin
Mostly around $10
I have some dropin like
XPG R5 4.2-18V
XRE R2 3.6-9V, Both below $10
Of course you couldnt ask for too much with this price but they still do a good job
Remember G2 has a bad heat sink for led so youd better stay away from XML, SST etc. XPG is on the edge since it gets hot too for prolonged use

GeoBruin

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would recommend one of these. For not much money (~$15.00 and free shipping) you get a quality drop in that meets your battery needs and will provide with a good service lifetime.

Check it out.

HotWire

Flashlight Enthusiast
With many LED dropins you can use rechargeable rcr123 batteries! Check the voltage.

BIGLOU

Enlightened
Varmint I recommed getting your hands on a P60L which you could run 2 x RCR123s on. I use mine in short bursts so it works for me.

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
In general I would recommend dropins that does not have a too high output. Since the nitrolon body has a bad therman conduction I'd use dropins with a current below 1A. The Solarforce XR-E Dropin should be a good choice and the Surefire P60L as well.
If you use a Surefire P60L dropin you can use 2xCR123 and an AW17670 LiIon without any problem. The one level solarforce XR-E Dropin is also a good choice

http://www.solarforce-sales.com/product.php?t=RB