Surefire E2L outdoors man and Quark Tactical 123 battery options

frankllynn

Newly Enlightened
I' m new here and have been reading through this site for months. I cant really find the answers I'm looking for. I now have my second e2l (lost the first one in the woods) and the quark tac 123. I bought the quark for the smaller size for edc after reading in the forums. I recently bought 2 ultrafire rcr123 @ 3.6v and 880 mah and a smart charger for the quark. Well I have been very disappointed in the run time with the rcr's. Does anyone know of something else to use for this light that is rechargeable and last's longer. And would love to find something rechargeable for the e2l. Thanks in advance.

Lou Minescence

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use an AW brand 17670 lithium ion in my Quark. It works well and has slightly better specs than 2 RCR's. The AW brand of battery is high quality. As far as the outdoorsman, Eneloops ?

frankllynn

Newly Enlightened
I use an AW brand 17670 lithium ion in my Quark. It works well and has slightly better specs than 2 RCR's. The AW brand of battery is high quality. As far as the outdoorsman, Eneloops ?

Im talking about the single cr123 version of the quark. i just bought two batteries so one would be charged as i used the other. sorry i should have made that clearer. i can see my post may have been misleading.

Brasso

Flashlight Enthusiast
No getting around that. Typical RCR has @ 650-700 mah, regardless of what it says. Primaries are @ 1500 mah. AW IMR 16340's also about the same as RCR's. Unless you have an older E2L, RCR's won't fit unless you break out the dremel. An AW IMR 17670 is your best bet here. They are typically smaller than RCR's.

Brasso

Flashlight Enthusiast
It will take a single IMR 17670. It's only 4.2v max. 2 primaries is 6v. I've used one like that before and it runs perfectly. Same output, etc. Just less run time.

Brasso

Flashlight Enthusiast
You only have 2 choices. Primaries or RCR. AW brand RCR are the best. The Quark can be lego'd with a AA, 2x123, or 17670 body. You'll have to buy those separately from 4sevens.

frankllynn

Newly Enlightened
Thank you. thats what i was wanting to know the most since i use it as my edc.

Lou Minescence

Flashlight Enthusiast
Remember your Quark is a low voltage head. What ever battery combo tube you use should remain under 4.2 volts.

Is the E2l the AA model or CR123 ?

Last edited:

jh333233

Flashlight Enthusiast
No getting around that. Typical RCR has @ 650-700 mah, regardless of what it says. Primaries are @ 1500 mah. AW IMR 16340's also about the same as RCR's. Unless you have an older E2L, RCR's won't fit unless you break out the dremel. An AW IMR 17670 is your best bet here. They are typically smaller than RCR's.
Assume all E bodies only differ in engravings
17670 wont fit but rcr will