Fenix TK70 disappointment!

magnum70383

Enlightened
I just got my TK70 in the mail a day ago from Warriors and Wonders (From Vancouver, Canada). F in Fenix TK70 logo is some what scratched off, fingerprints inside the reflector which I can't clean, Fenix TK70 logo doesn't line up to the buttons when all parts are tightened. And then there's a awful green tint to the light. Do all XM-L LEDS have a green tint to it? Should I bother to return it? Or am I just too picky??!?!

Please let me know! THANK YOU!

:D

Last edited:

Jash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fingerprints on inside of reflector - send it back. You should not have that on a light of that cost and value.

I had an issue with the reflector on my TK40, sent it back to the supplier and had it back within a month with a new head.

Last edited:

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
A logo not lining up the way you want is pushing it.
Your other points are reasonable.
I also recommend returning it. I hate fingerprints on the reflector, careless.

magnum70383

Enlightened
Fingerprints on inside of reflector - send it back. You should not have that on a light of that cost and value.

I had an issue with the reflector on my TK40, sent it back to the supplier and had it back within a month with a new head.

A logo not lining up the way you want is pushing it.
Your other points are reasonable.
I also recommend returning it. I hate fingerprints on the reflector, careless.

So guys do you know if XML leds usually have a green tint in the beam?

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
magnum70383,

You have my true compassion! Fingerprints on the reflector(or inside of lens) I consider as unacceptable. Also the problem with greenish tints with the new LED-emitters. My TK50 is the same, a disgusting greenish tint.
What I know this never happened with the older emitters, like Q5. I can say that my first quality cool white LED lights never had something like that, they are all better than my newer in this respect.
It's a sorrow that the newer emitters to such a degree get the higher efficiency at the expense of a bad tint. That's a development in the wrong direction, efficiency isn't all!

Regards,

Enlightened
I believe this yellowish green tint is somewhat present on most of the premium flashlights..... I have it in my Balder BD-4 U2, RRT-2 XM-L, Sunwayman T40CS just to name a few other manufacturers. Believe it's 1C tint, and also because they want it to be cool white but a warmer shade of cool white. I think my TK70 is already not too bad.

The budget lights do not have green / yellowish tint on low, but their high is bluish white. That's 1A tint.

magnum70383

Enlightened
magnum70383,

You have my true compassion! Fingerprints on the reflector(or inside of lens) I consider as unacceptable. Also the problem with greenish tints with the new LED-emitters. My TK50 is the same, a disgusting greenish tint.
What I know this never happened with the older emitters, like Q5. I can say that my first quality cool white LED lights never had something like that, they are all better than my newer in this respect.
It's a sorrow that the newer emitters to such a degree get the higher efficiency at the expense of a bad tint. That's a development in the wrong direction, efficiency isn't all!

Regards,
im definitely having it exchanged. i hate shipping it back and forth, no fun! btw. i saw your flashlight collection.......damn....... so many!!!!!!!

magnum70383

Enlightened
I believe this yellowish green tint is somewhat present on most of the premium flashlights..... I have it in my Balder BD-4 U2, RRT-2 XM-L, Sunwayman T40CS just to name a few other manufacturers. Believe it's 1C tint, and also because they want it to be cool white but a warmer shade of cool white. I think my TK70 is already not too bad.

The budget lights do not have green / yellowish tint on low, but their high is bluish white. That's 1A tint.
intersting to know. i guess i now know a greenish tint isnt a problem now! :)

dheim

Newly Enlightened
my tk70 is not that green, but greenish yellow halo is quite common with xm-l emitters...

Jash

Flashlight Enthusiast
TK41 - pure white (lovely). TK61 - cream to yellow tint, no big deal. TK40 - green tint on low and medium, yellowish on high and white on turbo.

That's the tint lottery for you.