What are the choices for lights that use 4 or more AA NiMh?

Chidwack

Enlightened
I just bought 2 Fenix TK41 lights. One is for a friend and one for me. I have to say so far it's a great light. I haven't had the 2 hour 10 minute burn time on turbo mode but I tested it with 2000mAh eneloop batteries and I will try some NiMh AA batteries with more capacity.

What are the choices for other lights that use 4 or more AA NiMh batteries? My brother is interested in a light that uses more than 2 AA batteries but he is balking at the $129 price tag of the Tk41.

AnAppleSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just bought 2 Fenix TK41 lights. One is for a friend and one for me. I have to say so far it's a great light. I haven't had the 2 hour 10 minute burn time on turbo mode but I tested it with 2000mAh eneloop batteries and I will try some NiMh AA batteries with more capacity.

What are the choices for other lights that use 4 or more AA NiMh batteries? My brother is interested in a light that uses more than 2 AA batteries but he is balking at the $129 price tag of the Tk41.

Coleman sells a 6AA light in Wal-Mart, the (hehe) Coleman Max Bubba. It's an XR-E with polymer flashlight body and a thumb-button on the barrel near the head. It's right on the $20-$25 price range, so maybe it'll be fun for you. 168 ANSI lumens should hold pretty steady with NiMHs for a while, though I don't know the runtime.

pblanch

Enlightened
I find it interesting that 111 views. Must be onto something here. All those 4AA torches I have been drooling over for a while. With the XML format their are some great opportunities for this format.

mmace1

Enlightened
I find it interesting that 111 views. Must be onto something here. All those 4AA torches I have been drooling over for a while. With the XML format their are some great opportunities for this format.

I think so...nice alternative to just having a li-ion lights for greater output/runtimes. I'm still not over the annoyance of feeling I need to stay in the room (or at least the house) when li-ions are charging. It's just the principle of the thing...l

Chidwack

Enlightened
The Jetbeam PA40 and the iTP A6 Polestar look interesting. I'm looking for lights that can be used inside to light up the room if the power goes out. This is why we are interested in AA battery lights which are easier and less expensive to recharge and use.

Like I said, I have a Fenix Tk41 for this purpose but it's a little too much money for many people. I love the ceiling bounce that this light produces and how it lights up a room. I would have to make some kind of adapter to make the Jetbeam tail stand but that shouldn't be too much of a problem.

nanucq

Newly Enlightened
I previously had the A6 Polestar and now i have the JetBeam PA40. Both are really great lights in this price/format, no doubt. The A6 is a little more floody, but the Jetbeam reaches impressives runtimes and got a low mode (2 lumens) very usefull at night. Also it can tailstand quite well using the lanyard or the provided holster, but the A6 is a winner.
Once again, both are very cool.

tatteredmidnight

Newly Enlightened
I have no personal experience with them, but the Olight baton s35 and s65 lights might be worth a look

Skibane

Enlightened
My vote goes to the LD40!

The Jetbeam PA40 is MUCH brighter - even though it is almost identical to the LD40 in most mechanical aspects.

jetbeampa402.jpg

mmace1

Enlightened
Kinda subjective but...OP - look at the Jetbeam PA40

LOOK AT IT!. How sexy is that light? Plus 2x the output.

Chidwack

Enlightened
I have no personal experience with them, but the Olight baton s35 and s65 lights might be worth a look

I thought that for a minute but looking at the output and features of the lights it would have to be the s65 and this light isn't very much less money than the Fenix TK41. I would much rather pay an extra $21 and have the Fenix.

Rhaspun

Newly Enlightened
I think so...nice alternative to just having a li-ion lights for greater output/runtimes. I'm still not over the annoyance of feeling I need to stay in the room (or at least the house) when li-ions are charging. It's just the principle of the thing...l

No kidding about how li-ions need so much attention while charging. I have a couple of lights that uses the 18650 battery but I always fall back to my light that uses AA when I'm out camping. The light I've settled on for now is the Olight s35 and it's plenty bright enough for my purposes. I'm not planning on searching for lost people so it's output it plenty enough.

Animalmother

Newly Enlightened
Where can I get the PA40 with a SMO reflector?

I do urban exploration and today my Eagletac was not cutting it. I wiggled my way in a massive bunker complex in Marin today and the poor thing was a bit lacking in lighting up the place. I did find manage to find a geocache in the old bunkers though even though I am not into searching for those kidna neat. Wonder who's gonna ever find that LOL.

Anything better then the PA40?