Pila or Wolfeyes; which is better?

brightnorm

Flashaholic
I'm thinking about getting one of these lights. Are they different names for the same product? If not which is superior and why?

Thanks for any info,
Brightnorm

phyhsuts

Enlightened
Pila and Wolf Eyes are the same. Wolf Eyes is the manufacturer in China. Pila sells the flashlights from HK (part of China anyway). I emailed to Wolf Eyes and got refered to Pila. Pila seems to be handling the sales side of things. The two may even be the same company or at least owned by the same people..

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
go with wolfeyes... it's a cooler name /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
PILA is owned by Swiss Impex.
They sell outside of China. Wolf has rights in China

Great service from PILA

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
I may be mistaken, but I think I heard of CS problems with the Wolf Eyes products. More specifically with the vendors. Pila has been a pleasure to work with. First class CS. I'd go with Pila, just for the CS. They are the same light.

Sproing

Newly Enlightened
I agree completely with madecov and Chop.. Pila has excellent customer service.

They once sent me a free replacement bezel for my G3R because they thought it might have been from a batch that had a defect during manufacturing. They didn't even ask me to return the original one and just sent me the free one.

Alan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pila and Wolf is 2 different companies and owned by different people and run in different cultures. I wish all Hong Kong companies has great CS like Pila.

Alan

WolfEyes

Newly Enlightened
I did not even had the choice of getting a Pila over here in Germany. I am be interested in the prices for pila GL3/GL4(R) torches (preferably in Euro currency). However, WE products are sold in Germany via 1 single (independant) distributor and I never heard anything bad about him.

Impyboy

Newly Enlightened
I would definitely get a Pila over the Wolfeyes! (Actually, I just ordered a PILA GL3R about 30 mins ago.)

two main reasons:

1. As already mentioned several times, they have great customer service! I have been emailing them in the last week or so, and they have been responding to each email within 24 hours. this is a really good response time.

The best products are always backed up by great customer service. I'm sure you'll agree /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

2. Of all reviews on the Wolfeyes flashlights, there has never been any mention of Dual power supply. This is a great feature of the PILA torches, as you have the option to use Lithium batteries (123a) as a backup powersource. (on the rechargable models).

Other than these two differences, they are more or less the same, in terms of performance, brightness, and quality. (I think). And although wolf-eyes has a cooler name, I don't think this should be one of the major deciding factors on which to get.

well, that's my opinion anyway /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

-Impyboy

Mark_van_Gorkom

Enlightened
Who is that German WE distributor?
Just received two batteries and a charger from Pila, and I'm quite happy with their customer support too. Would have liked some kind of manual however. Just charged the batts. for the first time, and the control Leds only turned green after more than 8 hours, anybody know if this is normal?

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Batts charge in the time that is stated in my manual. Just under 3 hours from total discharge on the GL4R

Since I charge it every other day it has never needed more than about 30-45 minutes

WolfEyes

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
impyboy said:
2. Of all reviews on the Wolfeyes flashlights, there has never been any mention of Dual power supply. This is a great feature of the PILA torches, as you have the option to use Lithium batteries (123a) as a backup powersource. (on the rechargable models).

-Impyboy

[/ QUOTE ]

...please post a URL of the reviews mentioned. Pila offers the same torches as Wolf-Eyes afaik. I am pretty sure one cannot exchange a G2R rechargeable battery (168A=3,7V) with 2 CR123A (=6V) batteries without replacing the lamp assembly.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif

@Mark: German WE distributor: http://www.ph-import.com :

Impyboy

Newly Enlightened
Hi there, Wolfeyes.

I know what you're saying, and you're correct.....to a certain extent /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Yes, I forgot to mention about the bulb change....ooops!
But it does really depend on which model you get.
The smaller models which take 2 x CR123A batteries will require a bulb change, but the models which takes 3 x CR123A doesn't.

Here is the URL of the review I got my Info from...first paragraph. http://www.hardwaremaniac.com/reviews/pilag3r/pilag3r01.htm

also mentioned on PILA's website, under highlights: http://www.pilatorch.com/pila_highlight.html
...but they failed to mention about the bulb change also.

Impyboy

Newly Enlightened
cool. well, i guess if they're both the same then it's really a matter of either price, or name /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Damn, I wish someone told me that before I ordered the pila, coz Wolf-eye's does sound a lot cooler. hehe

But it wasn't my fault. I emailed the guy and asked about the wolfeyes, and his reply was "why would you need dual power supply when you don't need to buy batteries with the rechargable?"

I assumed he meant that he meant it wasn't dual power. which suprised me, coz i thought pila was a rebadged Wolfeye...or vice versa (which they are).

oh well,.. enough rambling.
If they are the same, go for the cooler sounding torch... or the cheaper one. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

here's a good review on the wolfeyes 9T:
http://www.planetairsoft.net/review-we9traider.htm
this is the review that changed my mind from getting a SF rechargable to the Pila/wolfeye /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
I just love that warning!

good luck in your choice!

-Impyboy!

WolfEyes

Newly Enlightened
Just a misunderstanding.. He surely meant it that way: The 9T(X) is capable of the dual power supply, but why would anyone want to use quite expensive batteries if he already has rechargables.

What was the price for your PILA flashlight (for comparison to WE)?

Impyboy

Newly Enlightened
The price I paid for my Pila was $125 USD. excl delivery.

Couldn't really 'shop around' for one, coz not many shops stock them. But I was happy to pay this price, considering how much i was about to spend on a SF rechargable that wasn't as bright or practical (ie.two lights in one)

now i have some money to spend on a SF e1e or e2e /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been dealing with ESA at www.1esa.com Excellent customer service and they ship quick. All prices include shipping and they return emails quickly.