Klarus NEW XT line. XT1C, XT1A, XT2A

ExtremeX

Newly Enlightened
Ive already have the XT10 and XT20 on order... but just came across these new XT lights.

http://www.klaruslight.com/products/Flash_light/

They have a budget line (P series) just like Jetbeams B series stuff, and the XT seems to be a tactical version of the PD20, LD10 and LD20!

Im pretty excited about these, since I like the new dual switch.

Anyone going to write up some reviews!?

Hot linked images removed

Last edited by a moderator:

ExtremeX

Newly Enlightened
I couldn't handle staring at these images all night, so I ordered all 3.

Will post pictures and a short review then I get them.

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm in the process of opening a small business dealer account with Klarus. My primary belt mount duty light is the XT-10, I sell lots of police supplies and have been searching for a line of flashlivhts that are simple one handed to operate and the twin tail switch Klarus uses is nearly perfect for police officers. These three new lights seem to be just what plain clothes officers, and investigators could use. I plan on stocking a few of them.

Dreamaster

Newly Enlightened
I just had a flashlight "nerdgasm". I LOVE my XT-10, it's like a dream come true but I can't EDC it because the head is too big. Now I have some more options!!!

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just had a flashlight "nerdgasm". I LOVE my XT-10, it's like a dream come true but I can't EDC it because the head is too big. Now I have some more options!!![/

QUOTE]

That was and is my thinking. Having the same UI on an edc and duty light is a brilliant idea.

ExtremeX

Newly Enlightened
I just had a flashlight "nerdgasm". I LOVE my XT-10, it's like a dream come true but I can't EDC it because the head is too big. Now I have some more options!!!

Ya I get what you mean... I also bought a few P60 hosts thinking I would EDC them since they are cheap, but I was wrong, now they are just beaters and my least used lights....

Ive been having a little shopping spree with Klarus lights, they look really good on paper, but its the first times Ive bought multiple lights w/o doing any research or watching review vids. Ive orderd every light Klarus makes except the ST and NT series.

The XT series I really like, but I wish there was a way to make it start on the Low modes first too, but its ok, I have plenty of other lights for that, like my Fenix lights.

AutoTech

Enlightened
Is there mode memory on these? Prob is (as my st10 is) but can't find any info.

Last edited:

jbdan

Newly Enlightened
Is there mode memory on these? Prob is (as my xt10 is) but can't find any info.

I wouldn't think so as my XT10 does not have memory. It always come on in high when using the power switch.

ExtremeX

Newly Enlightened
None of the XT series of lights have any memory. They will always start in High.

In my tactical lights I really like this... I use the XT1C as my EDC, so I wish I could use RCRs but its out of the voltage range. I dont have any 3V LiFePO cells I can test.

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
I'm not sure.
That tailcap is something I'd like to get my hands on to try out before buying.
We may get along and we may not

lautamas

Newly Enlightened
Loving Klarus quality over the past 6 months. We have been selling XT series for a while now and we have zero complaints. I would put their quality up to Fenix's. It's too bad XT1A cannot feed on 14500.

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
Loving Klarus quality over the past 6 months. We have been selling XT series for a while now and we have zero complaints. I would put their quality up to Fenix's. It's too bad XT1A cannot feed on 14500.

yeah that would have been an EDC bomb! 14500 should be considered when making a single-cell AA light! I'd prefer carrying around a 14500-powered light that if it eventually runs out in the middle of nowhere, you can use a regular AA battery from anywhere and still keep going with the light. If you have CR123, good luck finding a replacment in the middle of nowhere. :)

So this new line is a PASS for me unles the come up with an 18650 powered one or one that can take the 14500 cell. (Hint! Hint! Klarus)

j2k

Newly Enlightened
I'm curious, would the XT1A take a 3V primary (14505)? Is it the same head as on the 2A version?

ExtremeX

Newly Enlightened
I'm curious, would the XT1A take a 3V primary (14505)? Is it the same head as on the 2A version?

Is the regulation circut in the head? If so then no, its not the same head... They XT1A and XT2A have different max voltage ratings...

BUT... you just got me thinking now... Ill try this as soon as I get my shipment! Since I got the XT1A and XT2A, ill see if I can install the single AA body onto the XT2A head&tail. Should be able to use an 14500 cell at that point.

ExtremeX

Newly Enlightened
So this new line is a PASS for me unles the come up with an 18650 powered one or one that can take the 14500 cell. (Hint! Hint! Klarus)

Well the XT10 is the 18650 powered light, which is one hell of a light too. Unless you mean something tube like, like the Fenix PD31, which is one of my favorite lights.

Seems like Klarus took the Fenix approach in terms of the regulation circuit. It doesn't accept a wide voltage range, but from my understanding this is where you can help gain better efficiency in the light. Jetbeams have a very wide voltage range, but their lights don't seem to have as efficient run times... I don't know if this is the main reason for better run times, but it seems logical.

Rumor has it that Klarus will be making a 2 x CR123 light, but I haven't heard anything official. I'm guessing it would be the XT2C...

iron potato

Enlightened
Fully agreed with lautamas & roadkill, its a shame that XT1A couldn't feed on 14500, same scenario with XT1C with RCR123, from their site it listed voltage range up to 3.2v, but still a fully charged LiFePo might be slightly over 3.4v, so my question is does the additional 0.2-0.3v matters ? Does any XT1C owner have it on LiFePo4 battery with success ?

Chip

Newly Enlightened
BUT... you just got me thinking now... Ill try this as soon as I get my shipment! Since I got the XT1A and XT2A, ill see if I can install the single AA body onto the XT2A head&tail. Should be able to use an 14500 cell at that point.

Did you end up testing this?

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
Did you end up testing this?

I just did, The heads are identical. The markings inside are the same also. I think it is the same head for each.
a 14500 fully charged is still 4.2V
I did not try one since I really don't want to fry a light

Chip

Newly Enlightened
I just did, The heads are identical. The markings inside are the same also. I think it is the same head for each.
a 14500 fully charged is still 4.2V
I did not try one since I really don't want to fry a light

I don't blame you, but here's an idea... try the one for two AA's on the single AA and see if the brightness is the same. If so, then it must be the same head, but if its dimmer, then that means that it is designed for the higher voltage. However, its not going to tell us if the LED will burn out on a 14500. Also, isn't the 14500's terminal voltage 4.2v but once you put a load on it, it goes down to 3.7 or 3.5?

I love my new XT1A but with no decent pocket clip or pouch, its very limited. The pouch was useless as the velcro was unable to make it around to latch on with more then 2 threads. So that will always just flop around on my belt. I was thinking about cutting off the Velcro top and just leaving it "open" on top. A pocket clip would allow me to carry it in my jeans pocket without it falling down into my pocket and stabbing me in my leg when I sit down.

Back to Nitecore D10 for my EDC!