questions about the JetBeam BC40 & Pics..

Hacken

Enlightened
been doing some research and reading about the jetbeam bc40 and since i couldn't find anything about if there are any smooth reflector or if it's just all textured reflector? anyways..damn! i am having quite a bit of difficult time deciding on the TK35 or BC40.... i love the white beam of the BC40 though just don't like the funny long skinny light..anyone have a picture of both side by side? thanks!

forgot to add: does the BC40 work on flat topped batteries?

Chidwack

Enlightened
Don't know about the flat top batteries because I don't own any. I think I read somewhere that they work. I was expecting a much larger light when I received my BC40. I was pleasantly surprised when that I found it smaller, lighter, and easier to carry than I expected. It has a OP reflector and I don't thing they make a smooth one. Not my best throw light by a longshot but it does give out lots of overall light and still throws pretty good. I have decided to use the BC40 as my weapons mounted light on my AR as it's small and light enough and still gives me plenty of throw while lighting up everything out front of me with it's XM-L.

houtex

Enlightened
The BC40 will work with flat top batteries. It's not that long, I carry on duty belt every night.

I did just start to have a little problem with it. It's been turning off on me. AW's fully charged, contacts clean, no major drops, what gives?

PerttiK

Enlightened
@houtex, I trust you have checked that the switch retainer ring in tailcap is tight?

JustG

Newly Enlightened
...I have decided to use the BC40 as my weapons mounted light on my AR as it's small and light enough and still gives me plenty of throw while lighting up everything out front of me with it's XM-L...

I'm looking forward to what you find out with that mounted to your AR. I am considering doing the same myself.

houtex

Enlightened
@houtex, I trust you have checked that the switch retainer ring in tailcap is tight?

yep. I went throught the basic checks. clean,charge it,swap batteries. It only does it sometimes. Not after a long burn,just whenever. Sometimes when I just fire it up other times after a long run.

Hacken

Enlightened
it's good to know that it works on the flat topped batteries because unlike some other lights it doesnt work.. i have yet to use my two kallies i bought a while back..

DanM

Newly Enlightened
I have only been able to get mine to work with flat tops, by using a magnetic spacer.