Zebralight SC5

tre

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anybody have any new info on this? The site says it will be an Xmas special for $39 but I've heard nothing about it. I would like to grab some for gifts. My Mom always asks me for a "light like yours" but the regular Zebralights (and most of my other lights) are too complex for her so I thought this 3 mode SC5 would be great. Any new info on a release date?

FYI for those that don't know it is a single AA, 3 mode light with a 75 CRI XPG emitter, 200 lumen hi and 2 lumen low (not sure about medium level). Dimensions are the same as the SC51. All this according to the Zebralight excel document on their web site.

Last edited:

Zenbaas

Newly Enlightened
Anybody have any new info on this? The site says it will be an Xmas special for $39 but I've heard nothing about it. I would like to grab some for gifts. My Mom always asks me for a "light like yours" but the regular Zebralights (and most of my other lights) are too complex for her so I thought this 3 mode SC5 would be great. Any new info on a release date?

FYI for those that don't know it is a single AA, 3 mode light with a 75 CRI XPG emitter, 200 lumen hi and 2 lumen low (not sure about medium level). Dimensions are the same as the SC51. All this according to the Zebralight excel document on their web site.
I think there is another thread here somewhere that also mentioned the light. As for your questions, no more info other than what you already have. I'm also very interested in these lights. Looking forward to them going up on the site.

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
All the upcoming products are announced in here on ZL's website with whatever specs are available at the time. When they have a date, it will be on the spreadsheet.

Scubie67

Enlightened
All the upcoming products are announced in here on ZL's website with whatever specs are available at the time. When they have a date, it will be on the spreadsheet.

I am not sure those are accurate anymore...The Q50 is still listed for Oct.,still haven't updated it yet

tre

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess I'm wondering if it will actually be available early enough to buy as a Christmas gift for others. If not, I'll have to start looking into other alternatives for AA lights for non flashoholics

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am not sure those are accurate anymore...The Q50 is still listed for Oct.,still haven't updated it yet

I did not notice that, since I wasn't looking at the Q50, but the lights I'm looking forward to are announced as "Pre-order soon" and then "Pre-Order"... so there are updates but perhaps only when things start moving for real.

Scubie67

Enlightened
Yes it would seem as the Q50 has been relegated to "red headed stepchild status" in the ZL line

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
Where is the Zebralight SC5 $39 X-mas special light?

It's the end of November. Tic-toc, tic-toc, Zebralight. This will be a huge fail to not have this ready for this Xmas season considering this light was specifically made JUST for this very purpose.

Tic-toc, tic-toc....

bansuri

Enlightened
Re: Where is the Zebralight SC5 $39 X-mas special light?

Huge fail? LOL! You must have a low threshold. Call it a Valentine's Day light if they miss your deadline, huge fail would be putting out a light that falls apart or has a 50% failure rate.
From what I can see it's just a set of letters and numbers on a flowchart. There is a Zebralight SC5 thread that had some activity, maybe you'll get more info there.
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?325887-Zebralight-SC5

Scubie67

Enlightened

They may not have it before christmas due to devoting their production lines to the SC80 and the SC600.I am just guessing though

pinetree89

Enlightened

They may not have it before christmas due to devoting their production lines to the SC80 and the SC600.I am just guessing though

I would guess this as well. The SC600 seems to be such a big hit I'm sure it's exceeded their expectations. I think if you're going to release a Holiday light you'd want to have it out about now if not sooner. The Olight Holiday kits hit the selves about a month ago. Oh well. I'll pick up an SC5 whenever they hit the shelves.

I'd rather have Zebra have lower production and still maintain high QC rather than the opposite and let QC suffer just to get more lights out there. Sure in a perfect world you can have both, but I suspect it's very difficult to achieve.

davidt1

Flashlight Enthusiast

Zebralight is making way too many lights. They should have listed fewer lights.

kreisler

Banned

if i want a new Zebralight witha floody beam (i.e. frosted lens), they expect me to buy a new light instead of offering the lens as part? that's weird. with other flashlights i get a diffuser lens, a diffuser cap or a diffuser tip (see Fenix and EagleTac, for example).

man.

Last edited:

davidt1

Flashlight Enthusiast

if i want a new Zebralight witha floody beam (i.e. frosted lens), they expect me to buy a new light instead of offering the lens as part? that's weird. with other flashlights i get a diffuser lens, a diffuser cap or a diffuser tip (see Fenix and EagleTac, for example).

man.

Then go buy a Fenix or EagleTac, or whatever light that makes you happy.

kreisler

Banned

no. seriously. they should offer less models (just a single SC51, with option for tint, similar to Xeno) and then with some accessories like lenses, tips, caps, lanterns, holsters, filters.

i got already Fenix and Eagtac and am missing this kind of accessories with the SC51.

two bad.

Last edited:

darkpeak

Newly Enlightened

emailed Zebra to ask about SC5 and got the following reply.

"It's getting less likely now. We are still working around the clock trying to fill the orders of the SC600 and H600."

Also the spreadsheet has changed so it looks as if the SC5 is a not going to be coming anytime soon.

Last edited:

kreisler

Banned

if the SC5 is a not going to be coming
thanks for da info.

if the SC5 has no obvious flaws (like the accidental turn-on in the SC51 model) and supports Protected 14500's, it's gonna be the best-seller after the SC600. my prediction.

it also has a likeable model name: "SC5".

so nice. (much nicer than "SC51wtf"!)

tre

Flashlight Enthusiast

"It's getting less likely now. We are still working around the clock trying to fill the orders of the SC600 and H600."

Also the spreadsheet has changed so it looks as if the SC5 is a not going to be coming anytime soon.

I was counting on this light for gifts for a couple people. Simple UI, not too many modes, good price. back to the drawing board I guess. I'm not sure what to get for gifts now.

henry1960

Enlightened

:wow:

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks for finding updates guys. Better to know in advance these aren't going to be saround for X-Mas so we can buy other gifts.

Latest posts