Nitecore EX11.2 mode change query

Sammy_boy

Newly Enlightened
I've just received an EX11.2, lovely light but got couple of problems with a couple of modes.

First, can't get the shortcut to the brightest level to work, manual says to press & hold when on, that just ramps the output. Tried different lengths of time with same result or nothing happening. Secondly, can't get the SOS/strobe to work. Pressing/holding & the light flashes once then 'crashes', light won't respond till head partially unscrewed then replaced, SOS does nothing.

Is it something I'm doing wrong or a fault? Ice read the manual so think I'm doing things right?

Otherwise love the light, great UI, nice and bright and a low low, doesn't like protected RCRs tho!

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Moonshadow

Enlightened
Press-and-hold actually means click-press-hold.

Presing and holding will indeed just ramp the output. To get the shortcut to work, click once, then press-and-hold.

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think you might have mistaken the instruction of "press and hold"?

It's actually double click and hold down on the 2nd click.

Sammy_boy

Newly Enlightened
Really sorry, yes your both right, its me doing it wrong! Sorry for the daft question everyone!

Just a quick other query, does the light take protected RCR batteries? Tried 1 of mine and it came on full, wouldn't change mode or brightness.

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, it does. Sometimes it's "stuck" at a mode because the li-ion is too long due to its PCB. Some here solved that by clipping the spring or getting a shorter li-ion (AW is one of the best). But do a quick test, press down firmly and hold to see if it ramps. If it doesn't, it's probably the issue I mentioned. But of course, there's always the off chance it could be faulty.

Sammy_boy

Newly Enlightened
Just tried my Ultrafire protected again and it came on in low - think it comes on in the last remembered light mode then stays on it, won't ramp, turn off (unless you unscrew the head) or anything. Guess it is simply too long, bit reluctant to trim the spring in case other RCRs won't work in it, might use unprotected RCRs in the EX11.2 and keep an eye on the voltage or when the brightness level drops so they don't get over-discharged.

Will look into getting some AW batteries, heard good things about them from members on here :)

saypat

Enlightened
I have a couple of Trustfire RCR123s on order for my Ex 11.2. Goinggear says they work, I'm not certain. They say the cell cannot be longer than 34mm. Soshine makes a protected one that is 32mm. HKequipment sells em (2) for $12. Or get the AW. Happy to hear you got your light figured out, it's my favorite.

Sammy_boy

Newly Enlightened
Found the Soshine batteries sold by HKEquipment, stuck them on my watch list :)

The EX11.2 is fast becoming my favourite too, I feel a bit silly now as I realise I didn't read the manual as carefully as I should've done :oops: e.g. when I said the strobe wasn't working and just flashing once I was actually activating the piston's lockout function :ohgeez: