TW4 comes through again and again

RevDavid

Enlightened
Last night my TW4 (E1E + KL4) came through nicely when I awoke to the sensation of something spider-like crawling over my hand. I grabbed my trusty TW, and lit up something that I "affectionately" call Arachnizilla. A battle ensued in which Zilla lost a few legs before succumbing to several blows with a wad of paper towels. War would have ended sooner if Zilla was not so fleet of feet.

Tonight, on the way home, I drove past a railroad sign upon which perched a plump owl. I turned around, unclipped the TW4 from my belt loop, and pulled up beside the sign. From about fifteen feet, I got the best look at a great horned owl that I have had in years. He looked back at me for about fifteen seconds, then decided to flee back to somewhere night still lived.

I am still amazed at both the quality and quantity of light I get out of such a tiny light. I am not in any hurry for my replacement EDC light. If I never find anything nicer, I am satisfied. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
David <><

RevDavid

Enlightened
You will love it. It's a lot like the TW4, except a little bigger and a lot brighter. I have both, but EDC the TW4 because of the size.

If I had the L4 in my hand last night instead of the TW4, I would have just whacked Arachnizilla with it... Game Over!!!
But the TW4 is so short, and Zilla looked menacing enough, I decided caution was in order. I am not really scared of spiders, but I don't really care to be bitten. Next time, I might take a moment to grab the bigger light.

As for the owl, I am glad I did not have the brighter light. It would have been too blinding. Even the TW4 was questionable, but the owl seemed to tolerate it pretty well. Hopefully I did not hit him with a direct enough beam that he is still seeing luxeon afterimages.

David <><

larpaul20

Newly Enlightened
Thanks go out to Dan at TW! I received my L4 and E1E and was totally amazed by the L4 and TW4. I have also obtained the MN03 and 02 incan lamps for the L4 body but I must say that after seeing all that LED light from the E4, the incan config just seems to pale by comparison. I do like the extended throw of the MN03 though and it will have its uses.

I have also gotten the KL1 bezel for the E1E but it is on the blue side. However, with the beamshaper in place it seems to "even" the blue out a bit and it seems to appear more white. I sense a mod in my future. I might add that I do like the beamshaper on the L4 as well to get a more uniform beam distribution when needed.

My favorite config though is definitely the TW4. Can a McL4 be far behind???

larpaul

RevDavid

Enlightened
Congratulations on the new lights. You have quite a nice set now. These TW4's pack a wallop for such a small package, and have a very nice flood. I wish I had mine years ago. I can't wait to see what they cook up next!

David <><