Lumintop P2C - first use

tjswarbrick

Enlightened
Hi guys,
I haven't seen any reviews or much at all on the Lumintop P2C. I got one a month ago, to pair with a knife I'm expecting in January.
I couldn't wait any longer, and just had to try it.
I can hardly take decent photos during the day, and don't have an SLR, so I'm not going to try any beamshots or anything.
I could snap some shots of the light, but it looks just like the one in photos at retailer websites.
I just wanted to post my impressions and quick comparisons for anyone who's on the fence about this light.

I have the neutral-white XP-G R4 version. First impression: it's shockingly small and lightweight for a 2xCR123 light.
2nd impression: while I'm pleased that the clip is reversible, it's a little easy to remove, and very uncomfortable in my hand. I yanked it off before I gave it a chance.
I'll keep it around in case I ever need a 280 lumen headlamp, but when I carry this light, it'll be deep pocket (like the rest of my EDC rotation.)
I have big hands (XL Mechanic's gloves) and (sans clip) it fits me, well, like a glove. I can grip it so the whole thing is concealed, but I don't block the head, and can still access the switch. Which is just what I wanted for this one.

It first came on in low, and the initial few 1/2 and full presses seemed to confuse it. Once I cycled through 3 times, let run on Hi for a minute, and turned it off, the default set to Hi and it responded as desired with each press.
Switch is easy to access through cutouts in the tailcap, and feels great. Nicest reverse-clicky I've experienced.

Although larger, it feels lighter in pocket than my E3S. The beam is much more focused, with a better tint.
Spill size is similar to the M61W in my 6P, but hotspot is tighter and beam is slightly more ringy, and the tiniest bit "whiter". P2C out-throws the SF by a wide margin.
On trees about 100 yards away, hotspot is larger and brighter than my neutral (XP-E) P20C2 MKII. Tint is very close.
Overall, it is VERY comparable to my TD15x on medium, except with a more neutral tint. (TD15x is T6.) The moon was too bright tonight to tell for sure, but it felt like the 15x would out-throw it slightly.

I'm very happy with this light, can't wait to start carrying it with my new knife, and feel it's an absolute steal at the current pricing.

Regards,
- Tom