Gift of SureFire C2 + XM-L: WIN

Stress_Test

Flashlight Enthusiast
A little while back I gave a family member a SureFire C2 with a Thrunite XM-L single-mode dropin. He's got a big, dark backyard so I figured this would make a good "WTF was that?!" type of light.

Well, one night his dogs starting going nuts and he could hear someone or something rustling around in the brush behind the fenceline. He swept the area with the C2 and the noise stopped but he didn't see anything. He turned the light off and after a minute the noises started again. He hit the light once more and this time spotted a bunch of racoons up in a tree! Fortunately they were pretty much minding their own business and weren't intent on raiding garbage cans or tangling with the dogs.

Anyway, just wanted to brag a little bit; it seems like around here that it's not often that a flashlight gift goes over well, but it worked out well this time. I'm also glad he had it ready and available when he needed it. (how many times have you heard about someone needing the light right now, but they can't find it 'cause it's lost in a drawer or closet somewhere!)

Last edited:

dougie

Enlightened
That's the difference between a flashaholic and an ordinary Joe. One want's a light now and then, the other ALWAYS has a light on them or close at hand....lol.:naughty:

purelite

Enlightened
whats it take to become a family member Stress cause I have been wanting a C2 with a certain dropin for awhile now . Let me know !!!! :)

Stress_Test

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well those Thrunite XM-L dropins have been out of stock for quite a while at Lighthound, so I think you're out of luck there! :)

I'm glad I snagged that one when I did.

Stress_Test

Flashlight Enthusiast
:laughing: Well I did get it for a good price back when Midway was clearing them out! (and I got a couple for myself as well!)