Show me your Thor Custom Holsters . . .

smarkum

Enlightened
Home of the Jayhawks - Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!
:wave:

So I've sent my beloved Gavina off to Tucson, AZ for a custom holster. I really like the way my partially molded Rotary holster performs. I want to have a wet molded holster made - hence, the gavina is on a vacation. :eek:oo:

However, with so many choices of color and tooling options, I'm a bit unsure of what design to get :duh2: . . . I thought it might be helpful to see what my fellow cpf'rs carry.

Here are the three I have . . .

IMAG0013.jpg

IMAG0011.jpg

IMAG0015.jpg

Two of these had flaps at one time. The flap just got in my way and slowed me down so I cut the flaps off, but the snaps remained. . .

so post pics of your Thor holsters and help me decide on the perfect holster option for my beloved Gavina. . .

egrep

Enlightened
Can you contact your holster maker and get a second made from the same Gavina visit for me? What 'form' are you having the holster made for? 18650/123? Which tailcap?

Please PM me. :)

tolkaze

Enlightened
Mine is very similar to the green (green and black) with battery holder on side, with standard belt spring metal clip with thors hammer on the front with dragon scales everywhere. Bottom is rolled over to keep light in. Will find the holster but it should still be on the original post

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Received mine yesterday. I prefer a simple non-decorated design and Dan really made the holster down to every specification I need.

18480201.jpg

57680542.jpg

95168289.jpg

12793714.jpg

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks beautiful! I think my next one will be non-decorated black. . . looks very classy!
How easy is it to get the battery out of the holder?

Thanks. A push from the bottom and the battery can be pulled out from the top. The credit for the SC600 holster's origin goes to mrlysle in this thread.

egrep

Enlightened
Edit: Just spoke to Dan, my Gavina 123 holster (molded using Smarkum's light, thanks!) is getting it's last coats of green this weekend and will be in the pony express Monday.

I'm looking forward to a number of holsters from Dan. His work is sublime. Next up is a little exotic piece that is going to be truly unique. Then after that some matching ray skin pieces for knives, guns and lights.

Last edited:

Viper715

Enlightened
I'll have to take some picks. I've got one similar to the green one but in Ox blood red with a Maltese cross for my L1 got my dad a matching setup. Also have several plain black holsters for work.