Am I CRAZY?!?

magnum70383

Enlightened
I started looking at flashlights at 2007, the first mini led maglite, then I got a inova x1, fenix L2DCE. Two years later I got a Fenix TK40. Two years later (now) I got a Fenix TK70. With the TK70, I got these --

IMG_20111111_234441.jpg

Am I going nuts? I mean I don't even NEED so many D cells! hahaha I'm buying so many flashlights, batteries and everything!!!

Last edited:

bill_n_opus

Enlightened
I started looking at flashlights at 2007, the first mini led maglite, then I got a inova x1, fenix L2DCE. Two years later I got a Fenix TK40. Two years later (now) I got a Fenix TK70. With the TK70, I got these --

IMG_20111111_234441.jpg

Am I going nuts? I mean I don't even NEED so many D cells! hahaha I'm buying so many flashlights, batteries and everything!!!

No, you're not nuts ... well, not nuts by CPF standards anyways.

I do have to say that you've got quite a few D's there, lol.

I bought 4xD Accupower LSDs and using alkaline as backup ... but i'm thinking of buying another set for backup. I'm also thinking of your batts as I see some reasonable pricing for 8xD. Maybe put my Accupower as backup instead since they are LSD.

Hacken

Enlightened
@magnum70383, i buy a lot of stupid crap i don't even use too..i just bought a pair of new 18650 batteries and have yet to use them either..sitting in my closet for the moment.

magnum70383

Enlightened
i got these Ds on ebay around 8 bucks each. i cant find anywhere else who sells them at toronto :(

No, you're not nuts ... well, not nuts by CPF standards anyways.

I do have to say that you've got quite a few D's there, lol.

I bought 4xD Accupower LSDs and using alkaline as backup ... but i'm thinking of buying another set for backup. I'm also thinking of your batts as I see some reasonable pricing for 8xD. Maybe put my Accupower as backup instead since they are LSD.

AutoTech

Enlightened
I think you must be pretty reasonable and sane! 2 years between lights? Very reserved :D

I've amassed over 20 lights in a couple of months, that's crazy (just ask my mrs)

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yup, You are nuts
;)

change Your setup to 18650s.
Imho the weight/Size/performance ratio is better

... who is carrying around a D-celled light?
I want so see Your pockets
;) ;)

Hacken

Enlightened
Yup, You are nuts
;)

;) ;)

D cells are heavy.. I think I already have enough of them maglights back then..

magnum70383

Enlightened
i guess im a little scared to venture off into 18650 and other battery type flashlights. i have all my flashlights running on my AAs. guess ill never get out of that comfort zone

Yup, You are nuts
;)

;) ;)