New Inova X03 200 lumens, 2 levels

asdalton

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just bought one of these at Target, and I could not find any threads already posted about it.

This light uses a Cree XP-E, and it appears to be Inova's competition with the Surefire 6PX and G2X Pro models. The output and beam patterns are very similar. The major differences are:

• The Inova's modes are high first, not low first.
  • The Inova's switch is momentary/twisty (like the other X series), not forward clicky.
  • The Inova X03 is about 1" longer than the Surefire G2X.

My Inova X03 also seems less fickle about changing modes. My G2X will change from low to high if you whack it, for example, while the Inova will not.

I think that it is a welcome and overdue change for Inova to get away from the Seoul emitters, which are hard to focus in small reflectors. My X03 actually throws a little bit better than my Surefire G2X.

BigBluefish

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was just looking at one of these over at Target last night, and rather liked it. Like you, I was surpised I hadn't read anything about it. Not having an E2DL anymore, I'm seriously considering grabbing one of these. And this one won't eat my clothing.

shipwreck

Enlightened
I have an XO3 from 2009, if I remember right. Approx a year ago, I tried one of the newer 150 lumen XO3s. I ended up returning it, as it ended up being dimmer than a 150 lumen T3. I do still have that XO3 and an XO I keep in my BOG. However, their lumen output is easily outrated by Fenix and Eagletac, for just a few $ more. So, I've kinda given up on Inova.

Danjojo

Newly Enlightened
I checked these out at Target also when I was seeing what was the best stuff they had. I was surprised by the size of the models and not having IPX8 rating on any of them. Only Inova lights I've used before were Microlights they always had in military exchanges.

TheTomas

Newly Enlightened
I've "moved on" to more obscure (and expensive) lights , like my recent Sunwayman V10r Ti, but I still really like my Inova lights. I bought a T1 quite a while ago because it seemed solid and had a 1 inch diameter body which allowed me to mount it on airsoft guns using 1 inch scope rings. It quickly became my best light. Later they updated the model, improving the light output and adding high, low, and strobe modes, and I bought another, which I'm still very happy with. I love the form factor, I love the UI on the newer light (high, then low, double press for strobe), and they're definitely waterproof (I've played in my pool with them).