Recommended DIY LED flashlight body

Dr. Mario

Enlightened
I have looked around for the DIY LED flashlight body (no driver, no LED - nothing as I will be putting them in there - I have chosen to build my own LED driver, regarding Lithium Iron Phosphate battery's lower voltage and it will be software-defined). What I am looking for would be suitable for Luminus Devices SST-50 LED, to be powered by a 26650 Li-ion battery. I have been looking around the Deal Extreme and few other stores - no such luck. And, control ring would be nice too (as I am rolling my own digital LED inverter so I can have control over what I'm building).

So, I was thinking about asking around as few of you might have an access to that kind of body "as-is". If I will have to ask the LED flashlight manufacturer, which one I should start with? BTW, I am in USA so you guys would have easier time recommending me where to find locally (via online stores or even CPF market here).

Last edited:

archimedes

Flashaholic
Might have better luck asking over in the "Homemade and Modified" subforum ....

I realize this thread is very old, but OP was recently concerned about lack of responses to his thread(s) :)

Last edited: