Lumens factory LED reliabilty?

Mikeg23

Enlightened
I just saw that Lumens factory has a HCRI p60 drop in and also an E series module... I have bought several incandescent bulbs from lumens factory and been happy with them, so how do the LEDs stack up?

I recently purchased a Malkoff HCRI and really like it with a large body host MD2/6P, but it seems kind of heavy to put on my E2e with a E2C adapter. Not sure if a VME head would help much...

NoFair

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've had a couple and given some away as gifts and only one had a slight issue (warranty replacement was quick and hassle free). Ordered a high CRI drop in to test, but it will probably be at least a week until it arrives here.

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi, i have a few LF incans and they have been brill so far, i had one DOA that they replaced without quible ASAP, i actually managed to repair the original too although i would not trust that one lol.
I have just recieved an led e head 3 mode 3.7-9v, the output is ok- but they state its not earth shattering because they want to keep it reliable which is fine by me, the beam has a good medium throw/flood beam and a very clean beam which is very neutral, the mode spacing i find perfect for my uses.
the head is very small and compact and feels good as a built light e2e body in the hand,it is only very slightly longer than an incan head and very slim.
the final finish i think is lacking slightly - the threads are a little loose for me, and solder finish on the back of my dropin is pretty bad, plenty of solder but not smoothed off good. overall im very happy, prob worth the money as other routes can cost quite a bit more and when the next few gens of led come we can just upgrade the dropin.
hope any of this helps !

rookiedaddy

Enlightened
Bought a few of these Lumens Factory Warm White 90 CRI drop-in... here are my findings...
  1. The 3-mode warm white 90 CRI drop-in is brighter on high than the single mode warm white 90 CRI. It is very obvious they are being driven differently, the information on their website is a little misleading... :ohgeez:
  2. There are detectable PWM on medium and low on the 3-mode warm white 90 CRI drop-in.
  3. There are different tints (from my 3 x Single mode and 1 x 3-mode), yes, you read that right! different warm tints... :nana:
  4. These Lumens Factory 90 CRI XP-G are warmer tint than Craig's (csshih) Illumination Supply Malkoff M61HCRI XP-G
  5. As these Lumens Factory 90 CRI drop-in are driven slightly harder (and possibly from higher Q-bin), they are brighter and the slightly deeper reflector can throw further than Craig's (csshih) Illumination Supply Malkoff M61HCRI drop-in
These are nice warm white drop-in, but IMO, if HCRI is what you after, you won't go wrong with M61HCRI. :)

Mikeg23

Enlightened
My M61HCRI came from illumination supply. At first I wasnt impressed but somehow the more I carry it the more I like it.

My only reason for looking at other dropins was the weight savings. The malkoff is a little heavy for an E2e. I ordered a single mode d26 HCRI from lumens factory I figured the price was too hard to resist.

NoFair

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just got my high CRI single mode and I'm very happy with it. Great (and warm) color. Very much like a high power xenon lamp and very bright. Beam pattern is like a P60 :D

Looks well made, but I can't say anything about long term durability yet ;)

Mikeg23

Enlightened
Got my single mode HCRI from lumens factory today. I briefly played with it and compared it to my warm quark and my M61HCRI...

The Lumens Factory lamp defiantly has a tighter hot spot and more throw which is what I wanted. The Malkoff and Quark have more spill. I also noticed that the Lumens factory HCRI and Quark are very similar in color, which is not as nice of a color as the Malkoff. This is really only an issue to me if I compare them directly to the Malkoff.

So far I am happy but my main concern was reliability... Only time will tell.

dirtech

Enlightened
Mine are a bit cooler than the three q2 bin hcri I've purchased from Craig. The three mode is well spaced in output. If they turn out to be reliable, I'd say they are a great value.

Mikeg23

Enlightened
Well I figure its time to post an update. I carried the lumens factory single mode HCRI drop in for two weeks and found that when my AW18650 gets to 3.85 volts the light starts to have a noticeable flicker. It is most noticeable in a confined area like inside a door panel or behind a dresser. I have two very old and very used AW18650s and it did this with both of them on four separate occasions. It may be better with lithium primaries but I don't use primaries very often.

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
My LF hi-cri D26 runs great on two AW 17500s in my Pila GL3. It's PWM is noticeable on the first two levels, but on high it runs wonderfully. Lots of throw for a low priced drop-in. Only complaints are the reflector is not solid aluminum like my Pila Q5 Cree and the soldering was a bit shoddy. Other than that I'm very happy with my purchase. Love the low mode, don't really do much with the middle or medium mode.

ganymede

Enlightened
Well I figure its time to post an update. I carried the lumens factory single mode HCRI drop in for two weeks and found that when my AW18650 gets to 3.85 volts the light starts to have a noticeable flicker. It is most noticeable in a confined area like inside a door panel or behind a dresser. I have two very old and very used AW18650s and it did this with both of them on four separate occasions. It may be better with lithium primaries but I don't use primaries very often.

Yes, my single mode HCRI powered by a 1600mah AW 17670 also flicker when the juice is running a bit low. I noticed that I only put back 350-450mah back to the cell.

Shurefire

Newly Enlightened
I have an LF E series head/drop in combo, the 3.0-3.7V 3 mode light in an E1E. It is very bright on high, just a touch short of my Surefire G2X, however, the unit gets HOT really really quick. And I'm talking about "burn your face hot" (I use mine as a close in reading/emergency light on my vest). That is my only complaint, and the fact that it eats batteries like crazy. If you get this light and use it at all, you must have rcr123's. I just put a new AW rcr123 in today, so I cannot speak to any runtime info on that.

Overall, good E1E led conversion, although I have not had a chance to play with a Malkoff M30/VME combo. Altogether worth the money in my opinion