Surefire U2A's uses...

Tiresius

Enlightened
I've had this light for over 2 years now and it has become a shelf queen after it came back from warranty repairs. I really missed the Lux V head it used to have--much warmer tint with better color rendering. The only downfall is that the emitter is not as efficient as the P4. What happened? Water leaked through the lens and sat inside the bezel. Sent it for repairs but it came back with a new head and tailcap.

My question is...Are there anymore uses for this light?

The low mode is somewhat bright for that bump-in-the-night search. The high mode is just not bright enough. With that size reflector it has, you'd expect it to be a thrower but it isn't. It has the best balance between hotspot and spill, I'll give it that. Perfect beam pattern with no flaws.

I'd like to have it modded and bored for 18650 but the way it stands, I'm too broke to for that. My goal for it is to make it a high CRI 90+ on 18650.

Aside from modding and best CS surefire has, is this light even worth that $300 from Surefire anymore?

bstrickler

Enlightened
Does yours have the steel insert at the tail end of the battery tube? If so, I doubt it will be able to be bored out.

On a side note, a warm white XM-L should be able to have ~80+CRI. Get 2 DatiLED 8mm boards (one to mount the XM-L to, the other one to act as a shim, to focus the XM-L), and will be a good replacement for the P4 LED. I plan on throwing an XM-L in my U2, to make it what it should be.

With a T6, you should be able to get probably 350 lumen OTF rather than the 100-140 on level 6 (which for me is mostly useless, since its only *slightly* brighter, but has 1/6 the runtime as level 5).

~Brian

Last edited:

turbodog

Flashaholic
I've got one that has the larger diameter tube. Would love to sell this light and/or mod it for more output. If you are interested in either of these options, PM me please.

Tiresius

Enlightened
I've got one that has the larger diameter tube. Would love to sell this light and/or mod it for more output. If you are interested in either of these options, PM me please.

If it's the 18650-capable body, I would love to grab that light from you but I'm temporary out of a job for quite some months now due to company taking a nice vacation...Last light I managed to save up for was an MG P-Rocket for $48 about a couple of weeks ago. Could of saved up a little longer for something better or custom but oh well.

I've got to wait for quite some time before I can go and purchase another high quality light.

NoFair

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you want a LuxV head we can do a straight swap of heads if you want to.

Great light, I have 2:oops: :devil:

Continue that conversation via PM's, or email. Thanks,

Bill

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts