SUREFIRE DISPLAY SCORE!

sween1911

Flashlight Enthusiast
I still can't believe this really happened today...

So, I went out for lunch today to my favorite brick and mortar LE/EMS supply right down the road. I know the one manager, she's helped me track down a few Surefire parts, they have Surefire Battery 12-packs. She knows me as the flashlight nut. So I go in just to buy some Surefire CR123's and she's at the counter, I say Hi! We chit chat a bit and she says "Yeah, Surefires haven't been selling lately." I glance back at where the display case was, and there's no display case. I say, "What happened to the display?" She replies "Oh, I threw it out." YOU WHAT?
I turn on the puppy dog eyes, she looks at the other guy at the counter... "You think it's still back there?" She looks at me, "You really want it?" My heart stops as I reply, "Absolutely! I've got a Subaru Outback, I'll drop the seat down and take it! YES PLEASE!" She says, "Come with me, we'll see if it's still back there." I follow her through the store, through the warehouse. There it is on the loading dock. My brain and body are working in tandem to keep me calm and not have a flashlight geek out like one of the guys in John Carpenter's "THING".

Bottom line, this is in the back of my car awaiting a hallowed place in my basement man cave when I get home tonight:

f303c3e2.jpg

Will post pics when it's full of goodies!

Last edited:

azzid

Newly Enlightened
What a lucky guy! The first thing that came up to my mind after I've read your post "One man's trash is another man's treasure". I'll wait for your post with pics of it and your surefire goodies:thumbsup:.

EV_007

Enlightened
Nice catch.

Nice to see that being in the right place at the right time can yield these types of occurrences.

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't consider myself a Surefire nut, but I respect a good score and know well that feeling of trembling when you don't want the other party to know what they have and how badly you want it!

GulfCoastToad

Newly Enlightened
We chit chat a bit and she says "Yeah, Surefires haven't been selling lately."

Funny you mention that. I was at REI last week, and the optics counter guy said the same thing. Guess what his display case is full of now? Fenix lights. It's the beginning of the end!

davecroft

Enlightened
Very nice. That'll look cool with some display lighting in it. I'm surprised the store owner didn't have to return it to Surefire for their re-use. Not very environmentally friendly - no wonder their lights are so expensive! :)

Machete God

Enlightened
Awesome score, man!

Very nice. That'll look cool with some display lighting in it. I'm surprised the store owner didn't have to return it to Surefire for their re-use. Not very environmentally friendly - no wonder their lights are so expensive! :)
That's not why their lights are "so expensive", and I believe that they (store owners who have these cases) actually do need to contact SF to come pick it up when their use for it has expired. Not sure why this store didn't, but I guess it was sween1911's day! At least the case gets to spend the rest of its days being loved and admired, rather than standing in a line in a dark SureFire warehouse waiting to be dismantled :D

Last edited:

purelite

Enlightened
that case probably would retail for $500 or more. I cant believe they would just throw out a metal case like that !!!