Coast HP7

lightinsky

Enlightened
Hello Cpfer's,

Hope all is well and thank you in advance. I was wondering if anyone else has the Coast HP7 207 lumen led from Lowes. I picked one up and wanted to know if others are experiencing what I am with the light.

The head of the light slides back very slowly on it's own when I extend it out to spot (not locking it in place of course) back to flood mode. It seems like a vacuum is sucking it back. I thought the head regardless of whether or not I use the lock focus in place feature that the head would stay at the positon I left it at and not slide back.

Confused if mine is faulty or this is how they work?

Thanks,

Alex

cccpull

Enlightened
I had the Led Lenser T7 and it didn't do that, but it had holes on the head of the flashlight. Also, it did not have the locking feature for the focus.
I haven't seen the new HP7 at Lowe's, just the PX45. Let's see who chimes in that owns one.

GulfCoastToad

Newly Enlightened
Contact Coast on their Facebook page. They're been very responsive, from what I can tell. YMMV.

lightinsky

Enlightened
I ended up unscrewing the tailcap and took the battery carrier out then put it back in and screwed the tailcap in and now the light does the opposite it slowly self slides from flood to spot. Weird?

Outdoorsman5

Flashlight Enthusiast
I used to have the H7. I ended up giving it to my son who loved it, but it broke. The flimsy tilt adjustment joint broke with very little use. Instead of going to Coast we took it to Lowes. Lowes allowed us to exchange it (after almost a year.) The H7 was not in, but they had the new H7R which my son liked more anyway. So, maybe try taking it back to Lowes....they treated us exceptionally well.

my#1hobby

Enlightened
I got one of those recently and the head on mine seems to only move on its own if it gets hot and I don't lock the head. It seems that they added the locking feature because they did away with the air holes to help with the water resistance, but that's just a guess. I always see people putting Coast and LL down on here so I never really gave the lights a chance, but I must say the output impressed me a bit when I fired it up. The only other Coast light I have is the V2 powerchip with the fixed optic.

Last edited:

bassdawg

Newly Enlightened
Hi i have the same problem with the head slides back ,when i slide it forward an back i hear a sucking noise . when i slide it out on spot an lock it the spot moves an is not in the center of the circle . I will never buy another one . I am more satisfied with my maglite xl 200 .
Bill

lightinsky

Enlightened
Thanks for all the replies. I actually ended up exchanging it for another one and the new one doesn't have that problem and functions fine. I would exchange yours for another which should solve the problem for you too.

Thanks to all.

Alex

Rexlion

Enlightened
Glad you got a replacement that didn't suck. Literally. :crackup:

My H7 is still working fine after 2+ years. No problem with my hinge. Uh, I guess you could say I have not become unhinged...