Zebralight SC600: Was your new light prelubed?

excfenix

Newly Enlightened
Alright, I just received my new Zebralight SC600. It came with some lube on it. Did your light come prelubed? This was ordered directly from Zebralight. Did I get a used/refurbished product? Should I return it and demand a new one?

20111117_011116.jpg

samgab

Flashlight Enthusiast
For crying out loud... They lube the o-ring and threads in the factory, as they should do. All lights should come like that.

excfenix

Newly Enlightened
I didn't react yet. I thought I'd get some nice replies from you guys first. Now I know.

jay_rush

Unenlightened
I just got the sc600 today to..... fav light I own, its amazing, there is nothing I can think of changing or making better about this light, which is weird.
but my light came with very very little lube on it, I can hear the scratching lol

davecroft

Enlightened
Most of my lights arrive with grease on the threads/ O ring. My Nitecore had loads (had to clean some off), just received 2 Fenix today, both lightly greased on the O rings.

Only ever had one light which arrived 'dry' can't remember what it was, either a Quark Mini or Olight i2.

TyJo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I always think it is a good thing when a light is lubed at the factory, shows they care about detail, and it is pretty much standard now for quality manufacturers. However, on every light I get I clean the lube off with rubbing (isopropyl) alcohol and relube it (Super-lube in the tube).

sdr

Newly Enlightened
Mine also came nicely lubed and the threading is perfection. All threading should mate this smoothly. Good show, ZebraLight!