zebralight SC600: the most perfect light?

jay_rush

Unenlightened
i know my tittle is a pretty big statement especially with all you flashaholics in here
but hear me out first ok!
just got my new sc600 in the mail today and it has very quickly become my most favourite light I have ever owned, know I dont have a lot of posts but I have almost...around about.... exactly 14 different light including tk35, klarus xt10, SR92, TM11 and a lot of other tactical and ecd lights. its has been a while since I have opened a new light and was actually VERY happy with my purchase. for the first time i cant think of something that I dislike or would change about a light (realistically... 5000 lumen 1x18650 would be nice). 750lm out of this one 18650 light is amazing, blows all my other tactical lights out of the water. its timer protection over thermal protection after 5 min steps down to 500lm. 9 different progamable memory settings so you can costomise how u use your torch. great runtimes from 500lm 2.1 hours all the way down to 2.8lm 280hours and 0.1lm for 80 days. its front clicky and the button feels solid, its a great flood light but throws pretty dam well also. the best tint out of any of the lights I have owned, the most neutral out of all my cool white lights. genius UI, tiny size, awesome look and feel....
this might even be the end of me buying lights for a while.... unless of course the sc600 II comes out or the next amazing led comes out lol
not saying its the best light, everyone has their favourite, im just saying its the most perfect all round... if that makes sense lol

zebralight has to get some recognition for doing an amazing job on this
can I get a +1 for the SC600 or what? :p

Quelalumieresoit

Newly Enlightened
Fantastic little light, really. I've been using it for nearly three months (I own the first version).
It's presently my favorite for Geocaching: lightweight, powerful floody beam, versatile... Perfect!
Just one wish.
I'd like to use it in the mid of the night without the risk of being fully blinded by accident (750 lumens at 3:00 am, with a screaming wife is quite horrible!).
I can imagine a kind of programmation that would switch the current modes to a "Firefly only" mode .
I don't know whether it's possible, it's just a wish...

PS. I apologize for the broken English, I'm French speaking.

Last edited:

wildweed

Newly Enlightened
i know my tittle is a pretty big statement especially with all you flashaholics in here
just got my new sc600 in the mail today and it has very quickly become my most favourite light I have ever owned, know I dont have a lot of posts but I have almost...around about.... exactly 14 different light including tk35, klarus xt10, SR92, TM11 and a lot of other tactical and ecd lights. its has been a while since I have opened a new light and was actually VERY happy with my purchase. for the first time i cant think of something that I dislike or would change about a light (realistically... 5000 lumen 1x18650 would be nice). 750lm out of this one 18650 light is amazing, blows all my other tactical lights out of the water. its timer protection over thermal protection after 5 min steps down to 500lm. 9 different progamable memory settings so you can costomise how u use your torch. great runtimes from 500lm 2.1 hours all the way down to 2.8lm 280hours and 0.1lm for 80 days. its front clicky and the button feels solid, its a great flood light but throws pretty dam well also. the best tint out of any of the lights I have owned, the most neutral out of all my cool white lights. genius UI, tiny size, awesome look and feel....
this might even be the end of me buying lights for a while.... unless of course the sc600 II comes out or the next amazing led comes out lol
not saying its the best light, everyone has their favourite, im just saying its the most perfect all round... if that makes sense lol

+1

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
+1, I was tempted to purchase the SC600 but will wait for the W. version. I have 2 Z/L's in W. and like the tint a lot!
Why are you waiting? The pre-order is out. Quickly grab it before it's gone.

To the OP, I have two SC600 from the second or third run and I had also placed a pre-order for the SC600w. I guess that speaks more than anything.

Zenbaas

Newly Enlightened
Why are you waiting? The pre-order is out. Quickly grab it before it's gone.

To the OP, I have two SC600 from the second or third run and I had also placed a pre-order for the SC600w. I guess that speaks more than anything.
It does! You're a proper fanboi..! :p That said I'll hopefully be receiving my SC600W and my new H600 in a couple of weeks. Very excited :)

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
It does! You're a proper fanboi..! :p That said I'll hopefully be receiving my SC600W and my new H600 in a couple of weeks. Very excited :)

Muahahahaha!!! I like the cool white for day to day use in urban area so one I am reserving for my bicycle and the other for EDC. The neutral white will be for my camping use. Just can't wait to get it.

Zenbaas

Newly Enlightened
Muahahahaha!!! I like the cool white for day to day use in urban area so one I am reserving for my bicycle and the other for EDC. The neutral white will be for my camping use. Just can't wait to get it.
Same here. I would grab an extra one but I'm trying to save some money for all the new offerings in the pipeline. Some of the 3 cell light slated for release Q1 2012 has me seriously excited!

jay_rush

Unenlightened
Fantastic little light, really. I've been using it for nearly three months (I own the first version).
It's presently my favorite for Geocaching: lightweight, powerful floody beam, versatile... Perfect!
Just one wish.
I'd like to use it in the mid of the night without the risk of being fully blinded by accident (750 lumens at 3:00 am, with a screaming wife is quite horrible!).
I can imagine a kind of programmation that would switch the current modes to a "Firefly only" mode .

\

it does have a "firefly only" mode. from off if your hold the witch down for about .6 of a second and let go, it will go straight to low mode 2.8lm or 0.1 lumens which ever one you set it at. I think all zebralights come with this

derfyled

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just one wish.

If you hold the switch (while off) for about 1 second, it will start on low...

(du moins, selon le guide de l'utilisateur... ;))

Last edited:

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
\

it does have a "firefly only" mode. from off if your hold the witch down for about .6 of a second and let go, it will go straight to low mode 2.8lm or 0.1 lumens which ever one you set it at. I think all zebralights come with this
You are misunderstanding, that is not "firefly ONLY" mode, with the emphasis on the ONLY.

The current press and hold maneuver requires that you judge the exact correct amount of time to hold the switch in order to turn the light on and remain in low, something not easily done at 4 am. Let off the switch to quickly and you go straight to High mode, hold it a fraction to long and you go to medium mode.

A true firefly ONLY mode would only let you turn on the light to the firefly level.

Personally, I've gotten pretty good at switching it on to low at 4 am, but adding a firefly only mode, as well as finding a way to allow momentary turbo at any time from any level, and a better clip, would be the main changes I'd like to see...... but hey, those are minor quibbles as far as I'm concerned, and I'm sure other folks are happy with the UI just the way it is, so that's fine with me.

twl

Flashlight Enthusiast
I read a lot of comments of CPF saying that the infinite control ring is the way to go.
It's going to be an uphill road convincing the rotary control fans that their Sunwayman V10R or HDS Rotary or Jetbeam infinite brightness model isn't the best light ever.

It might be safer to say that it's the best light for some people.
I personally think that the Malkoff Wildcat is the best light, but that's the best light for me, and maybe not other people.

my#1hobby

Enlightened
+1 Best light I've ever owned and I have many many high powered lights. It's been my EDC since I received it 3 months ago. Zebralight did and absolutely outstanding job on this light.

CamoNinja

Enlightened
Me to now. Just got one from the same place you did. Sold my SC600 didn't like the green tint.

I read a lot of comments of CPF saying that the infinite control ring is the way to go.
It's going to be an uphill road convincing the rotary control fans that their Sunwayman V10R or HDS Rotary or Jetbeam infinite brightness model isn't the best light ever.

It might be safer to say that it's the best light for some people.
I personally think that the Malkoff Wildcat is the best light, but that's the best light for me, and maybe not other people.

henry1960

Enlightened
just got my new sc600 in the mail today and it has very quickly become my most favourite light I have ever owned

+1....Just Like pjandyho I Have Two SC600 And Very Happy With This Light And Future Lights That ZebraLight Is Up Coming With.....