Anyone else? Favorite EDC a single 123 or r123 with a clicky, Brighter?

Pontiaker

Enlightened
Every few months I do some research and see if anything brighter or better has come out in my favorite EDC platform. I love small bright lights, best bang for the buck for several years now as been a clicky single 123/r123 pocket light.

I buy alot of them and usually keep and carry the brightest I can find that is a super thrower with some useable spill. For the last year o so, maybe a little less, has been my Jetbeam BC10. Its super bright great spot and throw, inexpensive, pretty small for this platform, etc...

Cant wait for the new PC10 to come out, I will be all over that one!

So anyone else hooked on this same style of light?

Speaking of the PC10 thats coming out I found one other light in this size also rated at over 500 lumens. The seller has the base model modded and then sells them with an XM L and rates them as bright as the PC10 but when I bought one and tried it, was a whole different animal, easiest to say it was just not bright, not even half of what my other 500 lumen lights look like. From the lumen rating and bounce tests I have done its putting out about 150 Lumens or less. Anyway its going back.

Would love to hear what you guys favorite is in the same style light? Iam looking for small and bright, mostly thrower or a good bright flood style light.
Thanks!
Matt

ArmoredFiend

Newly Enlightened
I used to EDC a 1xAA... until a couple years back..when i were tempted continuously with the brightness and smaller size of 1xRCR123 the market has been churning out. So, I have EDC a nitecore eZ123 since and am thinking of getting a clicky RCR123 with max output.. I started a thread here and a couple guys recommended nitecore's TK11.3...and now with the Jetbeams BC10 and coming soon PC10, it's definitely a good time for me to upgrade to a brighter clicky. Though i heard eagletac might be releasing their D25C Mini in clicky in a short while..any truth in this?

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
V10R titanium. So useful being able to go so low, it also has a lovely beam.

Does the regular V10R have the same beam pattern? I find the titanium to be too expensive, and if i do buy one, it goes right away to the display case. (on whose shelf rests the led lensers i no longer edc and use) haha!

Pontiaker

Enlightened
I love the V10R but the output side by side showed the Jetbeam BC10 was WAY brighter. Just had them side by side at a trade show in June. I like Ti lights, work with Ti everyday making my knives but for the ultimate EDC its too heavy for me. I know its not much but I like the lighter the better formula for my small bright EDC pocket light.

Pontiaker

Enlightened
Man I really cant wait for that PC10 to come out! I think that might do it for me:~)