Klarus XT 10 battery modification

DutyLight

Newly Enlightened
Klarus XT 10 user here.

The light has been holding up well for excess of three months with the use of Trustfire 2500mah 18650's with superb run times. The light gets used every day for hours on end. The flashlight shows it wear with sharp edges from the trips to the pavement.
As a backup, I purchased sf123 batteries. The sf batteries seemed to have enhanced brightness quiet a bit but run time was mediocre at best.
The sf runs a total of 6vdc, while the Trustfire runs 4.2 max.

The question; Klarus recomends 3-10vdc. How can I put more power through the light safely, and keep runtimes. WILLING AND ABLE TO BORE OR CUSTOM MAKE AN EXTENSION TUBE. Prefer bore, since extension tube will need o-rings and color matched.

Under most circumstances I wouldn't modify a $80 perfectly working light, however, the light is a few months old and with the soon purchase of a XT 1a or 2a, I don't mind testing the potential of the xml.

Last edited:

Help

Newly Enlightened
You could run rcr123s for 7.4v and even worse runtimes. I don't think boring it will get you anywhere. I can't see making an extension to run 3 123s working out or even being worth it. It's a nice light on quality 18650s.

Last edited:

DutyLight

Newly Enlightened
Comparing the look of the XT 10 and XT 20, the battery tubes should be interchangable. Does anyone know where I can order an XT 20 battery tube?