llc07n xml optic

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast
It has 5.1 degree half beam with xml, thus 10.2 degree beam angle, not going to throw.

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast
The LLC49R looks like a good one for throw, 45mm can be used in mag mod,
if you figure out where to buy it, I'd be interested to get some to try as well

Last edited:

Lampyris noctiluca

Newly Enlightened
I found one of these optics in the spares bin and used it for a while in a cheap Tesco torch mod with xml. It does reasonably well as a thrower, square beam like an aspheric, but with lots of spill. I now use it in a bike light.
If you can find a vendor, buy one to experiment with!

I dont have a working camera at the moment, sorry I cant provide a beamshot.

EDIT: this is the 35mm optic, not the 49mm!

might be worth contacting lednlight for a sample or two

Last edited:

Dashrynn

Newly Enlightened
I found one of these optics in the spares bin and used it for a while in a cheap Tesco torch mod with xml. It does reasonably well as a thrower, square beam like an aspheric, but with lots of spill. I now use it in a bike light.
If you can find a vendor, buy one to experiment with!

I dont have a working camera at the moment, sorry I cant provide a beamshot.

EDIT: this is the 35mm optic, not the 49mm!

might be worth contacting lednlight for a sample or two

There are a couple other people who make an optic like this one, are you sure it was the gaggione? Or was it the ledil? Or the DX one? There are quite a few that look exactly like the gaggione. How can you tell, P/N somewhere?

Lampyris noctiluca

Newly Enlightened
I bought it from led-tech (just checked, have them in stock) but didnt use it immediately as it wasnt 'right' for the project i was playing with at the time. I've got dozens of optics that I will keep until a use is found for them, the trouble is I keep buying more! Next on the list is the LLC49R:)

Last edited:

Dashrynn

Newly Enlightened
I bought it from led-tech (just checked, have them in stock) but didnt use it immediately as it wasnt 'right' for the project i was playing with at the time. I've got dozens of optics that I will keep until a use is found for them, the trouble is I keep buying more! Next on the list is the LLC49R:)

Can you post the link to the item? I'm having trouble finding it.

nwbrewer

Newly Enlightened

If you find a place to get those, let us know! Those look great for an XM-L divelight.

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just got some LLC49R in, hope to make something that beats the m3LT/M6LT.