Pelican 7060 Warranty Service

JAS

Flashlight Enthusiast
I cracked the tail cap on my Pelican 7060. How will Pelican deal with that when I contact them? Will they simply ship me a replacement? Will they make me ship the whole light back? I am just curious to hear experiences from others that have dealt with Pelican warrant service.

PCC

Flashlight Enthusiast
My wife broke in half a Pelican VersaBrite and they had me send the light in for a warranty replacement. They sent me an all new Deluxe package in return. Sure, I was without my light for a few weeks, but, the wait was worth it.

Robin24k

Flashlight Enthusiast
For tailcaps, they'll probably just send you a replacement. It wouldn't make sense for the whole light to be sent in for just the tailcap.

JAS

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had this message waiting in my email today:

"Thank you for your trust in Pelican products. I can send you a replacement tail cap for free through our warranty program. Please tell me the address where you would like it shipped to and I will put an order in for you.

Thank you in advance and I look forward to hearing from you and getting you the part you need."

Now that is great service! I did also send a message to Inova, since my original Inova T4 stopped working. I have not received a reply from them yet, however.

JAS

Flashlight Enthusiast
I did receive the Pelican 7060 tail cap today. I must admit, Pelican customer service is great!

Wyeast

Enlightened
The only time Pelican wanted me to send in the body was with a Stealthlite 4AA that wore out the switch (after years of hard service). Obviously it would've been tougher to swap out the part, plus the guy in the email said they like to have it to check out how it eventually failed. :) Sent me a whole new light for it, so they got the bonus replacement head assembly that was previously replaced for heat warping.

Good to hear they're still first rate in service.

JAS

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ironically, I also had started the warranty process for my original Inova T4 at the same time. Granted, they are two different issues, but I already have the tailcap from Pelican and I am still waiting for more information from Inova. While Inova warranty service may be okay, I think Pelican customer service is hands down better than Inova customer service!