TK-70 vs RRT-3 vs Firesword

ScaryFatKidGT

Enlightened
Want a TK-70, Jetbeam RRT-s, Elektro Lumens Fire Sword or Big Bruiser. Differences/recommendations? Firesword's only $200 :) I'm guessing the TK-70 and fire sword are significantly bigger. Does Elektro Lumens go by Emitter lumens? It seems that way, if so there 2 lights would probably be closer to 2200 lumens than 3000 but probably still brighter than the others. How do the batteries go in the fire sword? Are they all in line or side by side?

Last edited:

HotWire

Flashlight Enthusiast
TK70 is a great light. Great UI. Low is very useful. High is very bright! It is large & heavy, but it balances well. I've ordered a Fire Sword, but have not received it yet so I can't compare the two. The batteries in the Fire Sword are arranged in a series not side by side.

ScaryFatKidGT

Enlightened
TK70 is a great light. Great UI. Low is very useful. High is very bright! It is large & heavy, but it balances well. I've ordered a Fire Sword, but have not received it yet so I can't compare the two. The batteries in the Fire Sword are arranged in a series not side by side.
I asked about that batteries because it doesn't seem as long and narrow as 4 18650's would be.

Up date me when you get it k! I'm interested in how much brighter it is and how the beams compare especially now that the fire sword is cheaper. The TK-70 has a fairly wide beam but it just goes and goes lighting up everything like a wall of light that goes forever, I was really surprised seeing beam shots where it throws a hotspot 100 time larger than the SR-90 almost as far, but I have never seen the fire sword.

Last edited:

ScaryFatKidGT

Enlightened
Updates? I really want a TK-70 but id rather use 18650's and have it be a little smaller like the Fire Sword, and I don't really care about the Fire Sword only having 2 modes I'm not going to put it on low and look for change under my seats when I have an LD01 in my pocket.

Last edited:

magnum70383

Enlightened
I had a TK70 with brand new tenergy 10 000mah D cells. It would stay in turbo mode for 10 seconds and drops. I was so sad to return it............. :(

shipwreck

Enlightened
I too have a new TK70. After a couple of charges and letting the light run out, I can get 78 min on Turbo before it drops down. Most I've gotten so far with 3 tries of this.

Man, is it bright. Brightest LED that I know of.