eoslamp SP11, nice well-built efficient AAA?

RedForest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Having recently been very pleased with a transaction with intl-outdoor.com; very quick shipping and a great price/quality product, (I got an OEM Nitecore EZAA unmarked for $23.95), I was interested to see this new little AAA advertised over there for under $20. It looks a very worthy competitor to the iTP/Olight A/i series, and also the new Thrunite AAA. The overall quality of build looks great, and the output settings seem very sensible and efficient for keychain and day to day use. The UI of twist for low then a bit more for high is one of my favourites too (EDIT: I now realise it is twist for High then more for Low, but high mode is customisable to order).

Here are the specifications:

*Material: Aircraft Aluminum

*Bulb: CREE XP-E R3 LED
*Brightness: 38 lumens
*Reflector: OP
*Power supply: AAA battery

*Modes: Low-4.6L, High-38L
*Constant current, constant light output
*Runtime: Low - 60 hours, High - 3 hours
*Lens: AR coated glass lens
*IPX-8 Waterproof
*Finish: HA3
*Square threads
*Dimension( mm ): 69(length) x 14.2(body) x 14.2(head)
*Weight :15.8 grams (without battery)

I won't post pictures or a link as I'm not sure it's allowed, but it should be easy enough to find using a popular search engine if you want to take a look for yourself :)

I was just wondering if anyone else here had any good or bad experiences with this light?

Last edited:

ChibiM

Enlightened
defenitely a nice looking light.. im still looking for an EDC.. and thinking about the ITP A3, but this one looks also pretty nice..
actually looks like it has better grip! especially with slippery hands, this might be a bit better. but would prefer 3 modes!
did you order one?

Jthe5th

Newly Enlightened
It seems the product has been updated and now you can choose the lumen level yourself, custom high.
Most probably at the cost of the runtime since it's output is regulated, hardly you find something like that for such a price.

Sloughy

Newly Enlightened
I ordered one with higher output, just to give the light a chance. I will see it is worth the price, but I don't believe that its supplant my iTP.

tam17

Enlightened
Cool little light indeed, I like the styling and there's even a tan HA version:

xge89w.jpg

Runtimes are excellent compared to newer AAA lights manufactured by some, ehm, more advertised companies. ANSI standard measurements aren't mentioned, I hope they haven't used lithium primaries for testing:confused:

Cheers

Jthe5th

Newly Enlightened
They have used nimh cells for the runtimes, at least that's what the manufacturer says in chinese, but I see that primary lithium cells are recommended.

I see there is a nice small holster fro that flashlight.

Last edited:

762x51

Newly Enlightened
I ordered one with higher output, just to give the light a chance. I will see it is worth the price, but I don't believe that its supplant my iTP.

Please post impressions when you get it. Looks like a nice light...curious on the build quality.

RedForest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
I haven't ordered one yet, but was seriously considering it, which is why I posted it here. It does look very good quality, and very well thought out design, like the grip of a Mini AA but with a AAA and current regulated modes, also with the imo better twist then twist more UI.. All for under $20, I am very tempted, especially with the new 100 lumen high option. I'd prefer to wait for someone's experiences with it first though, I just have too many lights to use already and don't like making a new one redundant every time I get another..

choombak

Enlightened
how do you get the tan color?

you can't (at least that's the impression i got from the response they sent me - the tan color is difficult to produce for every 10 damaged, you get 1 good).

also, the higher lumen version uses a R3 WC-tint, and can be had in a combination of high-low modes (100-30, 80-20, and so on, from 100 through 3 lm, any combination). it is not available in low-high sequence though.

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like the sturdy looking coiled spring. Not thrilled about the too high of a low mode and that the light starts in high mode. Price is more than the Thrunite so I'll pass on this one and wait for the colored Thrunite TI lights to come in to order more of them. Gotta love the .04 lumen Firefly mode. It's become my favorite go to light at night.

revolver

Newly Enlightened
Does it say in the specs anywhere that this light operates like the Thrunite TI (twist for low, twist more for high)? This operation has been mentioned a few times in conjunction to the eoslamp but I can't seem to find it in the official specs anywhere. If the eoslamp does work this way I think it is a step up from the TI, I have one of those and the little metal tab does not inspire confidence in its durability, however the eoslamp looks like it has a super sturdy spring..

RedForest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone received this yet and have any comments on it?

The light is a twist for on then twist more for another mode, but the first one to come on is the High mode, fully tightened takes it to Low (you can see this from the design of the battery contact). High mode is customisable to order though up to 100 lumens so there is some flexibility.

jamjam

Newly Enlightened
Anyone received this yet and have any comments on it?

The light is a twist for on then twist more for another mode, but the first one to come on is the High mode, fully tightened takes it to Low (you can see this from the design of the battery contact). High mode is customisable to order though up to 100 lumens so there is some flexibility.

I managed to get hold of this little AAA. The UI is unique, fully tighten the head actually turn off the light, loosen a bit turn on high, loosen more switch to low. And you cannot customize it to start on low, unless you further loosen the head like normal AAA light, but at this point the head will be too loose and risky losing the head.

The whole idea of this UI is to decrease the risk of losing the head when the light is loosen for off like normal twisty. After EDC it for a week, I think the chance of accidently turning on the light is higher compare to light which tighten for on.

This DIY manufacturer is most well-known for their efficient runtime in AA, they produced other AA models like VAN31, VAN32, and the new SMA12 which uses magnetic ring for mode changing. The SMA12 claimed to be the smallest magnetic ring AA, it has 2 set of modes, first set is 4 brightness modes, second set is 4 different blinking modes. You can change set by half pressing the tail cap, once your are in your desired set, you can change the mode by rotating the magnetic ring. The ebst thing about this light is that you can customize the exact brightness that you want, from firefly to 170lm (may be higher)

I am about to order my SMA12, then I will report back once I played with it for a while. Now I just need to decide what is the brightness level that I want.The default levels are:

Brightness modes

1) Max = 170lm = 90 minutes+- (May be remain this level)

2) High = 120lm = 4 hours (How much difference with 170lm?)

3) Mid = 56lm = Not listed (Thinking to make this lower, suggestion?)

4) Low = 6lm = 120hours (May be even lower like 1lm to extend the runtime to 360 hours?)

Blinking mode

1) Strobe = 170lm (Remain)

2) Warning strobe = 170lm (Remain)

3) Beacon = 170lm (May be same brightness with the high?)

4) SOS = 170lm (May be same brightness with the high?)

Any suggestion on the brightness setting?