Swap led out of Arc aaa's?

Chrisdm

Enlightened
Hey guys im not handy when it comes to this stuff, so im hoping it may be simple to swap leds out of an Arc aaa? I bought 2 of them recently on marketplace. I LOVE the fit, feel & finish but HATE the blue cast from the light... Recommendations? Thanks!

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
Hey guys im not handy when it comes to this stuff, so im hoping it may be simple to swap leds out of an Arc aaa? I bought 2 of them recently on marketplace. I LOVE the fit, feel & finish but HATE the blue cast from the light... Recommendations? Thanks!
leave them as is or sell them and buy something with a cree emitter and reflector in it like an LD01

Chrisdm

Enlightened
leave them as is or sell them and buy something with a cree emitter and reflector in it like an LD01

I have a couple other nicer AAA lights, I just really like the fit, finish & feel of the Arc... Couldn't imagine it would be that difficult to match it with an emitter that doesn't cast blue...

manoloco

Enlightened
thing is the head is potted in epoxy and tough to remove from the driver, also the driver probably wont be a good match for newer leds, speciall high flux ones, modding it would be really time consuming/expensive depending on if you plan on doing it yourself or paying for the service.

there might be some snow white ARC AAAs, i recall Peter Gransee offering those a few years back but dont know if owners are willing to sell those.

the Fenix E01 is a good recommendation it might have a good fit and finish, the looks imo are better in the ARC, but you dindt mention looks.

maybe a Peak Eiger?

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
the Fenix E01 is a good recommendation it might have a good fit and finish, the looks imo are better in the ARC, but you dindt mention looks.

maybe a Peak Eiger?
The E01 is no better for what his issue is as it uses the same nichia LED in it. I like the cree 5mm LEDs they have a nicer beam pattern, have decent lifespan and the tint is less of an issue even though it is still not "white".
After using my LD01 with a cree (non 5mm LED) in it I would rather go buy a cheap rayovac $3 LED from Walmart and save my money up and skip the 5mm based LED lights completely for an EDC.

Last edited:

THE_dAY

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a couple other nicer AAA lights, I just really like the fit, finish & feel of the Arc... Couldn't imagine it would be that difficult to match it with an emitter that doesn't cast blue...

I know what you mean, the Arc AAA is something else when it comes to its fit, finish, and feel.

Member MillerMods used to do amazing mods to the Arc AAA. I don't know if he is still modding though.

Here is the thread:
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...-the-MillerMods-Cree-Arc-AAA-2-stage-(Part-3)

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
Sorry you're not getting much help with this, but as Manoloco pointed out, it would be very difficult to mod. Thankfully MillerMods proved it was not impossible and people holding modded Arcs from him have turned them into CPF classics.

You may want to keep asking for help here and supplementing your search by search by contacting some of the modders.

Chrisdm

Enlightened
Last edited: