do the research: what is your dreaming flashlight

hapiness

Banned
I want to do some researches to collect some information about dreaming flashlight of the flashholics in this forum.:)

John_Bowtell

Newly Enlightened
Either the kong 12 or xenon L70 locator or if we're talking small the Sunwayman V10R Ti

hapiness

Banned
hi John
which kind of function do you prefer about the kong 12, xenon L70 locator or Sunwayman V10R Ti ? Does the design or appearance, the quality, great lumens attract you? Can you give me specific reasons why you like it?

John_Bowtell

Newly Enlightened
The kong 12 firstly you would know straight away you own one of the brightest flashlights in the world and custom made every time, the L70 locator would feel like carrying a portable lighthouse and the Sunwayman V10R Ti is just a beautiful little piece of art you start like it so much you don't want to use it =] and it puts out 210 lm for a flashlight under 100mm

John_Bowtell

Newly Enlightened
I would say the Sunwayman V10R Ti for the following reasons
1. Excellent brand of manufacturer
2. Under 100mm good for EDC (every day carry)
3. Titanium finnish
4. Excellent detail
5. 210 lumens
6. Water resistant up to 2 meters
7. Option for a AA BATTERY extender
8. Have the option to choose any were between 1 lumen to 210 lumens
9. Comes with lanyard
10. All the above =]

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
3. Titanium finnish
4. Excellent detail
5. 210 lumens
9. Comes with lanyard
10. All the above =]

Add High CRI XP-G to that and you've sold me :)

JacobJones

Enlightened
My dream torch that already exists is a sperry 60" carbon arc searchlight, simply because it throws for miles.
Most wouldn't classify it as a torch but under my definition it is.

If it has to be something small I'll say maxabeam.

John_Bowtell

Newly Enlightened
I've been looking for a flashlight from surefire that is under 100mm in length and made out of stainless or titanium I don't they have made one yet is this correct ? Reason being I'm a flashlight collector myself and have Sunwayman Ti, JetBeam E3S stainless, Klarus Midas gold plated and still on the hunt. However I do know surefire have released a limited run of a special edition pack pricing $500 just for a pen and mini flashlight not sure what the material is though.

hapiness

Banned
The Sunwayman V10R Ti is really a great edc torch which can gain great popularity of most flashholics.Do you have one? If you have, what is the price of the flashlight you got?:wave:

hapiness

Banned
as far as I am concerned, if Sunwayman V10R Ti has not high lumen and the max output is about 210 lumen, the Sunwayman V10R Ti should have a high CRI. Usually the low-lumen flashlight has great CRI.

LightJaguar

Enlightened
I've been looking for a flashlight from surefire that is under 100mm in length and made out of stainless or titanium I don't they have made one yet is this correct ? Reason being I'm a flashlight collector myself and have Sunwayman Ti, JetBeam E3S stainless, Klarus Midas gold plated and still on the hunt. However I do know surefire have released a limited run of a special edition pack pricing $500 just for a pen and mini flashlight not sure what the material is though.

I believe that the Surefire Titan in Titanium is around 3 inches long witch is under the 100mm that you seek. However there were pretty expensive when they came out and I haven't seen one for sale in awhile.

For me my dream flashlight is the Surefire C2/M2/L5 line. Pretty much everyone that sees this flashlight is impressed by it because it is a nice looking flashlight. My boss saw it not long ago and he was like "wow is that some sort of Battle Star Galactica flashlight!" "Look at this thing!"
The way that you can customize them and the ability to upgrade the module without having to replace the whole light is a nice feature. Also the toughness is a nice added bonus.

Jash

Flashlight Enthusiast
My dream/ing flashlight, with current technology would have three SST90's mounted to individual copper heatsinks, each with their own 70mm reflector, kinda TK45 style. Two would be smooth and one textured. The head would be connected to a body housing an 8 x 22650 IMR battery pack (2S 4P) with a plug in charger, and there'd be a nice chunky handle sitting on top to hold the light by.

I figured this light would probably weigh in at around 2.5kg if designed properly, which isn't going to break your arm if you need to use it for extended periods. Of course, it would come with a nice thick strap for your shoulder.

John_Bowtell

Newly Enlightened
I can honestly say the maglite solitaire is definately not lol I bought one today they were going cheap like $12 and lumen output would be probably 5 lumens lol

jalal20

Enlightened
simply put...TRI-V

oh and I have a V10R Ti with a 3 trit tail-switch, the AA extender and lanyard in the mail :) and already loving it

3. Titanium finnish
4. Excellent detail
5. 210 lumens
9. Comes with lanyard
10. All the above =]

jax

Newly Enlightened
i say a small titanium light that takes rcr123/cr123.
has great style.4inchs or less.multi trit slots.comes with 2 heads,one with a neutral or warmer xm-l or xp-g designed for great flood,with 300+ lumens.and other head almost like a milkyspit creemator TIR thrower light,with a nice tint xr-e
(or if not 2 heads,the the ability to swap emitters and reflector to optic)
infinate ramping like a nitecore,0.1 lumen to max.
a piston drive light,but also with the ability to be a twisty.
a b@rt 11mm tritium sphere inserted,and sunk into said titanium piston,with a nice flush norland,or perhaps supertough window to protect the sphere.
a deep pocket clip
highly efficent driver,that can be programed via the PD switch to run directdrive,or boost/buck so you can blaze away for 15 minutes at 500/600 lumens if you want.
awesome build quality,and top notch heat sinking and usability
can tailstand.high quality lanyard with hollow titanium ball at the end housing a b@rt trit sphere,shining through artistic cutouts on ball. (if that is to much trit then replace the PD trit sphere with a triangle 3 trit slot,and just keep the lanyard trit sphere ball.)