• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired WTS Titanium AA/17500 Extensions For Jetbeam TCR2

nbjly

Enlightened
I'm having a local machinist make a Titanium AA/17500 extension for a TCR2. It will look like the aluminum version, except it will be 17.5mm internal diameter. However, mine would need to be bored a bit to use 17500's, I only have one that will fit.

If anyone else wants one, let me know - Projected price is $45, he wants to get started in two weeks.

Here's what it will look like, but the threads on the adapter are too square in profile to fit the Ti body, so it is not assembled.

The Ti version will allow the head to screw in just a bit more, and the thread profile will match the Ti body.

I don't know about polishing or other finishing yet. I think they would match well if the ribs and other high spots were polished. I'm meeting with him next week to give him a TCR2 to use. I'll have more details, and news about tail caps, then. Keep in mind that this is a custom project so it's likely there will be problems and delays. It will be prepay but only after a finished prototype is made. Then we can place an order. They will be made here in Georgia, USA.

If you are wondering, the clip is from a D10 with longer screws from Ace hardware, the I think the chrome matches much better -

Next is a Ti/Trit tail cap TCR2

Last edited:

euroken

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm interested in one for $45.

Of course for Ti/Trit TC also.

Last edited:

calipsoii

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any mockup images of what the final design will look like?

fyrstormer

Banned
Just found this thread. I can't say I'd have much use for an AA extension, but a titanium button would be nice. I'd actually be in the market for 2-3 titanium buttons if the design is good. Is this a dead project at this point, or is there still some chance of getting parts made?

nbjly

Enlightened
Project is not dead, but in suspended animation...other projects have taken precedence, but with sufficient demand it can be done.