I'm all twisted and confused.

Flashlightboy

Enlightened
I\'m all twisted and confused.

This year I'm buying my own Christmas present and I've been given a budget of $150-200. I have plenty of SF lights and I'm not sure where to spend the money.

I only have 1 rechargeable and I'm leaning towards another. I have a SL-20X with the 35X LA. I really like the size of the Stinger XT HP but it seems to duplicate what I already have. The TL also intrigues me but it too seems duplicative.

I'm not real keen on the SF 10X (looks like alien spacecraft landing gear) and the other SF rechargeable battery issues make me cautious.

I could be persuaded to get the A2 but I've already posted that I'm not a big fan of combi lights.

Any suggestions?

Illuminated

Enlightened
Re: I\'m all twisted and confused.

Tigerlight!

Don't have one, but from what I've read here, it sounds like a killer rechargeable, and the 8" is roughly the size of a 2D *ag*ite, but Wwaaayyy brighter. Tactical Warehouse currently has a 2-fer CPF special, and I'm trying to figure out who I could sell the second one to...

John

hokiefritz

Newly Enlightened

Tigerlight is pretty sweet. My father couldn't believe how bright it was. It's only a little more than $100 bucks though.

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast

i second the tigerlight, just got my "8 FBOP version. this will NOT duplicate your sl20x. i used to have one set up the same way with the sl35 lamp. the tigerlight is way smaller, lighter and brighter. better type 3 anodize too. i sold my sl20 to fund the tigerlight.

don't pass on the ultrastinger or stinger XT HP. i much prefer the switch on the XT and both ultra and XT are smaller and lighter than the sl20. the only reason i see to keep the sl20 is for baton duty, if need be. JMO and YMMV. good luck.

p.s. my next purchase will more than likely be either a stinger XT HP or ultrastinger.

Flashlightboy

Enlightened

tkl,

That's the kind of info I'm looking for. I'm not going to rid myself of the SL but I'd like to get something else.

The TL is in first place but the XT/HP is running a close second. I want the "bigness" of the TL beam and the "cuteness quotient" from the XT/HP.

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast

jeff, i hear ya. you know how it goes, you gotta give to get. the tigerlight is thick but i like that aspect, so i can whack somebody on the noggin if need be.
wink.gif

you know the motto of this board, "get both!".
grin.gif
you'll probably find uses for both anyway. i've been in your shoes many times, but it sure is fun shopping for lights.
smile.gif

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi Jeff...

You should certainly go for whatever "turns you on", so to speak...but don`t sell the Surefire 10X short.

I have both the 10X and the OC Tigerlight. The Tigerlight is nice, especially for the price, but the 10X is really, REALLY nice!

As far as looks go, I`d put the 10X in the same category as the Glock pistols. When the Glocks first came out, I thought they looked like they had been hit by the ugly stick. But lo and behold, as time went by they started looking beautiful to me.

Bottom line...get all of the flashlights you`re talking about, but at some point in time make sure you get a 10X. You`ll never regret it. (Did I mention that its really, REALLY nice?)

Best wishes to you!

smile.gif
grin.gif

Latest posts