Make your turtlelight useful again!

ECLIGHT

Newly Enlightened
My very first led flashlight was a turtlelight look alike from sears called a dorcy . i was never happy with it because the beam was to narrow so it got put in the drawer and was forgotten..After reading Cougars post The Flashlight Bargain of the Century! I went to Radio Shack to build one for myself.The cheap 2d flashlight i had laying around was to small to fit the battery carrier in even after grinding it.Disappointed that i would have to buy a new host i went to put it away in the drawer to be forgotten when i saw the dorcey flashlight.I pulled it out and started playing with it and ended up putting the new bulb in it to see if it would fit.It fit perfectly!!!!
turned it on and almost blinded myself!!!!!!!AS the dorcy was set up to throw the led beam narrow but far this made one great spotlight with plenty of side spill .went outside to play with it , shined it on a streetlight and the streetlight turned off!! This was with old batterys.I am very happy now with it.

RevDavid

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
ECLIGHT said:

turned it on and almost blinded myself!!!!!!! ...went outside to play with it , shined it on a streetlight and the streetlight turned off!!

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/drool.gif
Sounds like you've developed a particle beam weapon!
Don't be surprised if the military knocks on your door! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

David <><

smokinbasser

Flashlight Enthusiast
I about busted a gut when I read the streetlight comment thats some serious candlepower.In another post somebody was using a nightlight with a photoelectric sensor to test the beams of some smaller units. You just went to the much bigger nightlight.Now you need to start walking backward till the light comes back on. PS take some spare batteries and a snack for the trip back.