Buried Treasure / Fenix Spare Parts?

Willy94108

Newly Enlightened
Recently we've been having some pretty good rain in the area, and while cleaning the backyard up I found an old Fenix PD30 R2 I bought a few years back, that had gone missing. I had long since stopped looking for this light, and bought its older brother the PD30 R4. I was dissapointed that it did not turn on straight out of the ground:). After cleaning and inspection it would appear that the rubber boot over the tail switch rotted away while in the ground, allowing a small amount of water in, although enough to corrode the batts. Anyway after cleaning the dirt off the tailcap is stuck shut. On an off chance I switched tail caps with my working PD30 and it worked. Im excited that I found my old flashlight and that it still works, but I'm having a problem finding any spare parts for it.

If anyone knows where I can purchase a new tailcap for a Fenix PD30 please let me know. Thank you

10op2c1.jpg

ionb7s.png

Last edited:

Stephen Wallace

Enlightened
It would probably be easy enough to get hold of a spare switch to install in your current tail cap, but might be harder to actually work out which switch would be appropriate.

I wouldn't be surprised that if you were to contact Fenix direct, or one of the larger Fenix dealers, that they could supply you with a spare switch.

Willy94108

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the tip.

Has anyone had any experience dealing with Fenix on parts or older(out of warranty) flashlights? Call vs. email? I know Fenix is a chinese company, and would rather buy from a US dealer so shipping will be cheaper/faster. Thanks for the input.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good story I love it when that happens I have a few spare switch's and boots if you want to I can send you one of each just PM your address. Do you still have the metal spacer ring that goes between the boot and switch because I don't have one of those.

pinecone

Newly Enlightened
I too am looking for spare parts to lego the 2XAA version of this Fenix light to a 1XAA. There used to be a dealer that carried these parts but I can't find any parts now. Does Fenix want keep spare parts down so we will just have to buy additional lights?

davecroft

Enlightened
I got in touch with Fenix direct about a replacement head for my E11. I had to nag them a bit but they sent me one free of charge eventually.

I suggest buttering them up a bit - tell them how much you like their products, how many of their lights you have, etc. Even tell them the story of your light and how it still works! They could use it for publicity. If they value you as a customer they will probably not mind sending you a free switch cap.

davecroft

Enlightened
I got in touch with Fenix direct about a replacement head for my E11. I had to nag them a bit but they sent me one free of charge eventually.

I suggest buttering them up a bit - tell them how much you like their products, how many of their lights you have, etc. Even tell them the story of your light and how it still works! They could use it for publicity. If they value you as a customer they will probably not mind sending you a free switch cap.

RI Chevy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe just install a new switch, seeing that you have the tailcap. I think a McClicky would fit in there, and probably be better than what you had originally.
Cool story, and glad that you found your light! :thumbsup:

Jiri

Newly Enlightened
Jiri you are the thread revival king!

:)

:) :) Thanks! :D I am amazed you noticed that! :) :thumbsup: There is so many theads on CPF... uff, it is overwhelming sometimes :) But I am glad I can find pretty much anything here I am looking for :)