zebralightSC50+ manual??

hb-light

Newly Enlightened
I'm wondering if anybody has the instruction manual for the zebralight sc50+. The reason why I ask this I lost my own manual. But more importantly I'd like to get a better idea of the outputs. I have an sc50+ and I've tried it with both a 14500 lithium 3.7v (2000maH) and a NiMH 1.2v (???don't think this capacity matters but pretty sure it's a 2000maH); both types I have are rechargeable. The problem is that the highest output on the NiMH (i.e. single click from off) is almost exactly the same as the highest output on the lithium (i.e. double click from high 1). I'm supposed to get with the Lithium 193Lm(H2) and with the NiMH 122Lm(H2). It's a 71Lm difference, but I'm seeing almost the same. I've taken pictures of the 2 different battery outputs and had to flip-flop back and forth the pictures many times to finally conclude that the lithium is slightly brighter by about a lumen or 2. If anybody has the specifications directly FROM THE MANUAL/INSTRUCTIONS and not from websites it'll be a great help if someone posts them. Appreciate the consideration.

raltm

Newly Enlightened
sc50w+ manual - no specifications here. I had the same problem when I used 14500 3.0V instead of 14500 3.7V. When using 3.7V - all ok.

hb-light

Newly Enlightened
I see so you saw a 71 Lm difference from the 1.2V to the 3.7V?? because I'm using a 3.7V Lithium rechargeable now and there's at most 5 Lm brighter than a my 1.2V. I thnk I may have to get protected batteries or fully charge these lithiums...don't know what to do.. I'm thinking of going to my school and testing the voltage and brightness (with a light meter)

raltm

Newly Enlightened
to the eye the difference is small, say 25 percent is added. I think the difference in 5 lumens you would not notice - a feature of human perception of brightness.

hb-light

Newly Enlightened
to the eye the difference is small, say 25 percent is added. I think the difference in 5 lumens you would not notice - a feature of human perception of brightness.
yeah that thought definitely crossed my mind... but i'm gonna test it with a light meter just in case ;)... it just doesn't make sense to me... If the light meter reads about 122 Lm (after conversion factors are taken into account) on highest for both batteries in which case I would assume the li-ion battery isn't performing to it's specs and I would have to get new protected ones like surefire or something... If the light meter reads 193 Lm on the lithium then you're right, and it's just my eyes not being able to pick up the 25% increase...i don't have to get new batteries In the mean time, i'm going to put up pics of my zebralight shining with the 2 different batteries shining in my closet..