Klarus XT1C, XT1A, XT2A: My new favorite lights.. a welcome addition to my collection

ExtremeX

Newly Enlightened
My venture into Klarus lights started with the XT10... The new smaller XT lights, in my opinion, feel like the tactical versions of my Fenix LD10, LD20, PD20... The lights are very similar yet so different. So far im really happy with the build quality on the XT line, its really a step up from Klarus P series of lights. The fit and finish are excellent. Smooth threads and they just feel a lot beefier than the Jetbeam B series and the Klarus P Series.

The color tints I like better than the XP-G R5 versions of my Fenix lights which have a little green tint to them, the Klarus lights more of a cool white with a hint of purple depending on while light you use for comparison.

The ONLY cons I see with these new lights is they wont tail stand, and they don't accept 14500 or RCR123 batteries. I'm thinking of trying some LiFePO4 cells since they have a lower voltage. The max working voltage on the XT1C is 3.2v based off the website.

I have grown to love the form factor and interface of my Fenix lights, and instead of replacing these lights, they compliment them.

I will try to post pictures of all the lights when I get a chance.

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
I also picked up the XT-10 and use it as my on the belt duty light when I'm in uniform. I was so impressed I ordered a second to use on my patrol carbine. I also have on order the XT1A and XT2A as plain clothes lights. Klarus may not offer all the modes others due, but the modes they do offer are all I want and they operate the way I want them to.

jay_rush

Unenlightened
im gona get the new XT2C same stats as the xt10 but just smaller, better to wear around your belt to

duffman

Newly Enlightened
Love the interface on the xt series of Klarus. I also started with the Xt-10 and love the simplicity. I know i will rarely (if ever) need strobe but its nice to have for fun. I might have to pull the trigger and buy another one with all these black friday deals. >_>

reynographer

Newly Enlightened
I too just purchased an XT1A and am very pleased with it. Being a diehard Surefire fan before the Klarus, I now "see the light".

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was told a nitecore clip would work, I ordered a few...no dice. Klarus really blew it by not adding a clip
I couldn't agree more even if I tried! Sorry to hear you even bought Nitecore clips and they didn't work.

I have sent a mail to Klarus asking if they are going to do something about the missing clip. I was looking at the XT2C but without pocket clip I might give it a pass.
That's too bad because they are excellent lights!

CTR

Newly Enlightened
I personally don't find the absence of a clip to be a problem. It comes with a decent case which I can strap to my belt easily enough. I just bought the XT2C, which arrived yesterday. First impressions is very good... quality is excellent, threads very smooth, LED well centred and design is ergonomic. Output is ample for what it will be used for (initially for my sister as she goes backpacking) and then I'll probably be using it for the ocassional night shift work (I'm a Civil/Structural Engineer).

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree though that if you use a holster the clip becomes less important. I personally use holsters only when I go hiking in the winter so I'd rather have a clip to pocket the light.

Good to hear that at least the XT2C holster works though: the ones for the XT1A and XT2A have a flap that is too short and it won't even close! And if you manage to close it, it will activate the momentary on!

If Klarus have to provide accessories that don't work or, even worse, missing, I'd rather have them selling the flashlight alone and knock a few euros/dollars/pounds off the price.
I might be picky but if I see something advertised as included in the package, I expect it to bet there and to fit correctly.

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
My XT-1C holster is fine, in fact the flap is a bit long. I have not used the holster for the 1A or 2A so I can't remember if it fits properly. I'll check that out later.

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have sent a mail to Klarus asking if they are going to do something about the missing clip. That's too bad because they are excellent lights!

I had actually mailed one of their European distributors and they were very nice. They got back to me saying they had received no information about a clip being introduced but they didn't rule it out. I contacted the Klarus customer service through their corp website too. I'll let you know what they say.

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got another mail by the distributor and a reply from Klarus in China: XT2C should be shipping with clips starting sometime next week.
I don't have any other information regarding the clip - i.e. whether it will fit between the tailcap and the body and can be retro-fitted to the XT2Cs from the initial batches that shipped without a clip or if the body has been machined to take a clip. Hopefullly it will be the former: I wouldn't want to see another clip looking as if it had been added DIY-style like the LD10.

Now that it comes with a clip, I have no excuse: I'll bite the bullet.
It'll be the last flashlight I buy in 2012!

Last edited:

Juanderful

Newly Enlightened
I got another mail by the distributor and a reply from Klarus in China: XT2C should be shipping with clips starting sometime next week.
I don't have any other information regarding the clip - i.e. whether it will fit between the tailcap and the body and can be retro-fitted to the XT2Cs from the initial batches that shipped without a clip or if the body has been machined to take a clip. Hopefullly it will be the former: I wouldn't want to see another clip looking as if it had been added DIY-style like the LD10.

Now that it comes with a clip, I have no excuse: I'll bite the bullet.
It'll be the last flashlight I buy in 2012!

Hey Lab, thanks for taking the time to send the email out to Klarus. After a day of researching AA flashlights, I nailed my selection down to the XT1A/XT2A lights also, and was about to purchase them when I realized they didn't come with pocket clips! :(

As someone who always EDC's a light, no pocket clip = no go, because 1) I hate carrying around a bulky holster, and 2) I don't plan on having my light rolling in lint at the bottom of my pocket. So for the XT1A/XT2A to not come with pocket clips was a real deal-breaker, as everything else about the lights are superb.

Anyway, do you know of any retailers atm that have the XT1A/XT2A in stock with pocket clips? I really want to get my hands on them asap.

Last edited:

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Lab, thanks for taking the time to send the email out to Klarus. After a day of researching AA flashlights, I nailed my selection down to the XT1A/XT2A lights also, and was about to purchase them when I realized they didn't come with pocket clips! :(

As someone who always EDC's a light, no pocket clip = no go, because 1) I hate carrying around a bulky holster, and 2) I don't plan on having my light rolling in lint at the bottom of my pocket. So for the XT1A/XT2A to not come with pocket clips was a real deal-breaker, as everything else about the lights are superb.

Anyway, do you know of any retailers atm that have the XT1A/XT2A in stock with pocket clips? I really want to get my hands on them asap.

Hey Juanderful, the reply I got from Klarus said "We add clip for xt2c from the shipment to dealer this month . Pls check if our dealer have clip or not when purchasing."
They didn't mention anything about adding the clip XT1A and XT2A.
I checked the Klarus website again and I see that the XT2C is listed with a clip as accessory while the XT1A and XT2A aren't. Also, looking at the pictures of the 3 lights, the XT2C seems to be the only one to have recess for a clip.
For the XT1A and the XT2A a clip might fit between the body and the tailcap but I don't know for sure. In an earlier thread somebody suggested 4sevens clip but I checked the ligth sizes and they don't match those of the Klarus XT series.
Somebody suggested using Nitecore clips on the tailcaps and somebody bought a few clips only to find out it didn't work.

It's too bad becuase the XT1A and XT2A are great lights, I really like them. Runtimes are the best you can get out there for ligths of this category but the UI is simply great!
I don't mind too much that the XT2A doesn't have a clip as it's big enough to stay still in a pocket but the XT1A goes all over the place.
The holsters they come with are not bulky at all, actually very low profile but the flap is too short and they don't close. What you could do is cut off the flap and use the open holster to carry the XT1A.
A clip would have been much better.

I still haven't found a retailer either that has the XT2C with clip in stock. One got back to me saying they would have it within 2 weeks or so which would be sometime next week.
In any case, I've sent another mail to Klarus asking if the XT1A and XT2A will ship with a clip too in the future. I'll let you know what they say. :)

Otherwise check out the JetBeam PA10 and PA20, I have those too and I like them a lot. They even have better performances in some respects but the UI is obviously "more traditional".

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Juanderful, I got a reply from Klarus. They said they plan to add body clips to both the XT1A and XT2A but at the moment they are busy working on other products as well so it may take some time. They said they would update their website when the clips are added.

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
I recently got a Klarus XT1A with a pocket clip and compared it with the one without pocket clip that I had gifted: the body has been slightly redesigned to allow for the pocket clip.
The knurled mid-section of the tube has been made slightly shorter to leave space for the groove where the clip sits. On top of that the tube diameter has been increased so the tube of the XT1A without clip is smaller while the one of the XT1A with clip is wider. Threads are identical so heads and tailcaps are interchangeable though.