Olight M3x

ILIKEFLASHLIGHTS

Enlightened
Well I finally decided to buy a Olight M3X. I have been thinking about another good thrower choice and almost bought the Sunwayman T40CS. But decided against it due to the outer beam rings in selfbuilt's review on it. But this M3X probably will give the T40CS all it wants and then some in throw anyway since the reflector is within 1mm of being the same width and a little deeper. It should be here next Monday. I got Shane(protactical19 on ebay) to give me a set of the better Xtar 18700 2600MAH batteries. I got a very good deal I think for the price.

KGrHqQOKp0E5bBbF4BObWRZG6w60_3Small.jpg

Last edited:

Chidwack

Enlightened
I'm very pleased about the smooth hot spot on my M3X. Only thing I would change on the light would be an extra mode or two that would be lower than the low mode the light comes with. Still, I'm really happy with this light. One thing that it has done for me is finally quenching my thirst for throw. I will never need more throw than this light gives out as my eyes are not good enough to really see anything out past the 400-500 yards that this light throws. You made a good choice.

ILIKEFLASHLIGHTS

Enlightened
Thanks for the info. Yea I think you will be hard pressed to find a much better thrower for the price except for the exception of the Crelant 7G5 and then it will still be very close I believe. I plan on buying one of those soon.

Lou Minescence

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm very pleased about the smooth hot spot on my M3X. Only thing I would change on the light would be an extra mode or two that would be lower than the low mode the light comes with. Still, I'm really happy with this light. One thing that it has done for me is finally quenching my thirst for throw. I will never need more throw than this light gives out as my eyes are not good enough to really see anything out past the 400-500 yards that this light throws. You made a good choice.

Agreed about the throw. I have the M31 ( almost the same ) and it always amazes me when I use it. My only regret was buying it the very moment it came out. I paid $ 200. Today, Black Friday, it is $ 85. :confused:

ILIKEFLASHLIGHTS

Enlightened
That M31 with the SST-50 led is still one bad thrower. What I would like to see Olight do is make the M3X with at least the same length or slightly longer reflector as the Catapult V3. Then we would really be talking throw.

Chidwack

Enlightened
I don't have a Catapult V3 but it is my understanding from reading and watching video's that the M3X already out throws the Catapult.

tab665

Flashlight Enthusiast
the M3X is one of the best throwers out there. i never understood why olight gave the SR-51 an OP reflector saying that it was needed to have a clean beam when the M3X had allready been out for a few months sporting a smooth reflector with no complaints.

bee-man

Newly Enlightened
When it comes to throwers, I always hear Catapult this and Catapult that... if the M3X can hang or out throw the Catapult V3, why does the M3X not get more love? Is it an old looking design? Or is it because it resembles a toilet plunger like the T40CS and M1Xm?

ILIKEFLASHLIGHTS

Enlightened
When it comes to throwers, I always hear Catapult this and Catapult that... if the M3X can hang or out throw the Catapult V3, why does the M3X not get more love? Is it an old looking design? Or is it because it resembles a toilet plunger like the T40CS and M1Xm?

Watch this video and you can tell the Olight M3X will win in the throw department. And if you want my opinion it beats it by quite a bit even though Marshall says it's a little better thrower than the Catapult V3.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/P9XosPlnhAc

I have a Catapult V3. I'll be able to tell you firsthand which is the better thrower next Monday nite if weather permitting.

Last edited:

think2x

Flashlight Enthusiast
This thread caused me to start looking for an M3X and I found one for a STEAL! I can't wait for it to arrive, my "biggest" lights until now have been a BC40 and a Lumens Factory P7 head on an M4 body.

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hoped that olight would make a smooth tail cap available for the M3X like their M30 (which they have no plans on making it). Before anyone ask, the momentary on/on-off of the M30's tail cap (as told to me by olight USA) won't work with the M3X.

amraspalantir

Newly Enlightened

maybe its because the catapult v2/v3 has been the benchmark for throwers for a while. all other aspirants to the "king of led throw" has been compared to the cat. lately i have seen new lights such as the m3x, t40cs and crelant 7G5 that as per the beam shots i have seen has beaten the cat.

but then there are other things like runtime, UI, PWM, battery type, flashlight build, etc to consider.

a showdown between the cat, m3x, t40cs and 7G5 would be dream.:)

but for now that v3 vs m3x shootout by ILF will be most anticipated.:thumbsup:

Nonprophet

Newly Enlightened
Other than the great Black Friday deal I just got on the M3X (0nly $93 shipped!!!) a big consideration for me was that the M3X runs at full power without the extension tube while the Catapult does not....

NP

think2x

Flashlight Enthusiast
My M3X is here and I must say it is the farthest throwing light I have owned to date other than an Aspheric Maglite. Indoors it has a slight green tint but outside I'm too distracted by how far it reaches to notice! :thumbsup: