So I ordered my first batch of surefires!

BIG45-70

Enlightened
I have incoming a Surefire 6P Original, 9P Original, and E2E twisty. As you can imagine I'm pretty pumped as these are my first real Surefires other then my G2.

I have big plans for the 6P, it will be getting a malkoff M61LLW. For the 9P I'm undecided on the drop in, any suggestions? The E2E i'm going to leave alone and run it as my only incan. I may change out the lamp so something that can run on RC123's but right now I'm going to leave it how it is. Just thought I would share!

tolkaze

Enlightened
The 9P is an ideal host for a tripple or any of the other multi LED setups. I am running a 6P with extender (effectively a 9P) with a mcclicky tailcap and an oveready tripple. It takes 2x17500's and puts out a real big hotspot. Perfect yard lighting light.

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Awesome! Seems the addiction has started. I recommend an MN02 lamp for the E2e! For the 9P, you may want something that goes from 3-9 volts, so you can run it off AA's.

Acid87

Enlightened
I pray for your wallet buddy. It's a slippery slope from the G2 which eventually ends with lots of beautiful Surefire lights.

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
I pray for your wallet buddy. It's a slippery slope from the G2 which eventually ends with lots of beautiful Surefire lights.

Wisdom in these words...LOL! 5 years and...$4k later...here I am...LOL! But, I don't regret a bit of it, except having to sell a few recently...sigh...

Acid87

Enlightened
angelofwar said:
Wisdom in these words...LOL! 5 years and...$4k later...here I am...LOL! But, I don't regret a bit of it, except having to sell a few recently...sigh...

You do have one of the best Surefire collections on these Forums bud. I can't say I'm at the 4k mark but I'm easily at 1.5k US dollars.

dougie

Enlightened
The SF 6P & 9P originals are the classic SF 'Lego' lights. There is something enormously satisfying about being able to mix and match different parts to arrive at something more individual than the stock item but without sacrificing the legendary SF build quality. At the moment I've got three SF's carrying Malkoff modules and IMHO they are an unbeatable combination. Although I understand the rational behind SF making their latest lights all in one sealed units I personally regret that direction and think it 'may' make some people switch allegiances to other makes. Still, you can't call yourself a flashaholic unless you've some SF's in your collection....:)

Let It Bleed

Newly Enlightened
Speaking of Malkoffs, I have a M61 in a 9P and wondered if 2 primary lithium AA batteries would be enough to power it. They're rated at 3.4v - 9.0v. I realize it would be barely enough voltage and not practical, but was curious if anyone has tried it. While I do use Nihm and Li-ion cells, I mostly use primary lithium 123 cells (especially in multi-cell lights). If AA lithium did work, would it provide low light for a long time or full output for a ridiculously short time?