Surefire M951

matt_o

Newly Enlightened
I see that the M951 is listed on the Surefire website, but other sites say it is discontinued. I have also seen it on some sites for under $100. On a popular auction site you can buy them now for about $150. I don't know if they are fake or real for the discounted prices. Are some of them possibly military surplus? For 100-150 I may be interested but $350-$450 is way out of my price range. Any thoughts?

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Alot of the one's showing up on E-Bay, etc. are from Army guys coming back from the sand-bix for the last time. They are more than likely real. I've never seen any fakes. Due to the high quality of SF's in general, there really isn't much of a difference between a new and used one.

varmint

Enlightened
I have one, I traded for it, it has seen use for sure but works great, the tail cap was sticking on but a small tap would free it, I called Surefire and they sent me a new cap free, now its like new other than some wear, there are lots of newer and lighter lights but this one works great. GO FOR IT is my advice, Surefire will make it right if it is not.

Last edited:

Roger999

Enlightened
As mentioned they are often sold off by troops returning from deployment and they sell for as low as $100 used. However the tape switch is usually the first thing to wear out and Surefire will almost always correct the issue (although they can say no because the tape switches are not covered under warranty). I do remember hearing about fake M961's but not M951's, if you're finding it for $100 brand new then you should get some pictures of it and post on CPF to determine if it is real.

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
http://www.uwelectronics.com/Surefi...-RiflesCarbinesSMGs-Picatinny-Rail_p_175.html

This is the cheapest one I found. It looks like the company is in Hong Kong. I haven't contacted them yet but it seems too good to be true. Especially since I thought that Surefire products couldn't be shipped overseas.

The picture is of a real SF, but I very-VERY seriously doubt that's what you'll get...just a guess based off all the other cheap knock-off ad's on the web-page. Look for one on E-bay (or post a WTB in the Market Place here), and look for one of genuine (i.e. house taken) pictures. I would avoid the one on the link you posted like the plague...

Roger999

Enlightened

nzgunnie

Enlightened
lol, looking at the menu on the left of their page I see under manufacturer "Surefire China" listed.

Really? Surefire have a Chinese branch now?

:shakehead