Black Friday: Is Jetbeam RRT-3 still worth buying?

wuyeah

Enlightened
Hello guys,

With Black Friday sale emails flying around, some lights price was considering out of my league and I start to consider...
With existence of wonderful floody RRT-3 XML, is RRT-3 SST-50 still worth buying? I can't help to think how useful XML version is using at most occasion.
Is RRT-3 SST-50 is in a place of its own being long throw search light or it is old, you would only consider XML version at this moment. SST-50 is currently under $200.
I kinda had to make decision before 28th. I am struggle to decide. would you give some of your thoughts? Thanks.

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you need the lumen output, then definitely go for the XML version. I am also tempted to buy, but I don't have a need for it.

peterharvey73

Flashlight Enthusiast
The difficulty with all these flashlights is that none of them are perfect; each has a specific function, or a specific strong point.

Thus it forces you to buy all three of them!
The SST-50 for roughly 400 meters of throw.
The TM11 for compact size, flood and roughly 300 meters of throw.
Then the RRT-3 Triple XM-L for flood-throw roughly 350 meters or so, in between.

Rather than buying all three, we can also choose to buy only two, which would be the two extremes of RRT-3 SST-50 for throw, and the TM11 for pure flood.

Or we could buy just one, being the middle man, the RRT-3 Triple XM-L...

Last edited:

archimedes

Flashaholic
I have the original RRT-3 SST-50 and it does have excellent throw. I don't have any triples, though I imagine they would generally be very floody. For flood, I have a number of other torches, however (including a couple of MC-E based flood lights). Hope that helps :)

BTW, under $200 is an excellent price for an RRT-3 SST-50 (IMHO) ... and for this particular light, if I had to choose between the SST-50 and the triple XM-L, personally I would prefer the SST-50.

Last edited:

AFKAN

Newly Enlightened
<$200 for an RRT3 SST50? and you're asking if you should get one on here? God I paid more than that and I still couldn't wait, go buy it already, you won't be disappointed ;)

waddup

Flashlight Enthusiast
for $200 you can buy 3 very nice $70 lights,

1: a custom xm-l, lots of people on cpf build them and sell them for $70 or less, 600-1000 lumens.
2: a thrower take your pick for $70
3: a small 123/cr2 based edc.

if i had the choice between 1 big light or 3 smaller but equally useful lights,

id take the 3. much more useful and practical, you wont want to carry your massive light to the movies or out to dinner.

and unless you are hunting, at night, you simply dont need to light up a city block

in case of light failure, one is none, 2 is 1.

Chrisdm

Enlightened
If youre after throw and like the jetbeams, the m1xm throws about as far as the rrt3 (if not more), and is also lighter and less expensive.

aau007

Enlightened
<$200 for an RRT3 SST50? and you're asking if you should get one on here? God I paid more than that and I still couldn't wait, go buy it already, you won't be disappointed ;)
Yeah. $159.99 to be exact for a Black Friday scratch and dent special. Not sure how many there were though.