G2/G3 questions

perchance

Newly Enlightened
Hello everyone, (new member here)
I have a g2 with a glass lens and I was thinking of making it into a g3.(with a a19 adaptor) the question is, will the p90 and p91 lamps give me more throw or just more overall light then the p60 lamp?
I really love the size of the g2 and if I wanted more overall light I could just switch to the p61
Thanks for the help.
regards, chance

Gene

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome perchance!

As always, Al's the man for Surefire answers! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I'll tell you, I've tried the P61/P91 in the past and the amount of light was so minimal, (TO MY EYES!), over the P60 and P90, that I sold them off. I'll probably get some arguments about that and the P61/P91 WERE a LITTLE brighter but, (again, to MY eyes)), but not nearly enough to justify the cost and much shorter cell life.

Size15's

Flashaholic
People see things differently - It is worth pointing out that if you are using light as a "force tool" then "force-on-force" training may show you that more Lumens do give you the edge in some situations even though you may not see the difference in a side-by-side test yourself [although my experience tells me you should be able to tell the beams apart even if you don't have them side-by-side]

If you are just using the SureFire to look at things... Then going with what you see as value for money is sensible.

Al

perchance

Newly Enlightened
Al, thanks very much, I knew you were knowledgeable on
the subject. Guess I'll stay with the g2 configuration.
Nice to be here, lots of friendly and helpful people,
actually more then in real life. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
regards, chance

perchance

Newly Enlightened
Hello Gene,
Thanks for the welcome.
Part of the fun in flashlights is in trying
out the things that other people talk about but sometimes
its a waste of money, thanks for saving me a few dollars.
I'll send you and Al your cut /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
regards, chance

Gene

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's always wonderful to welcome nice people as you chance. The folks here are VERY generous with their advice and are the nicest bunch around. Ask away anytime you want!

webley445

Flashlight Enthusiast
I recently got a G2 also. Came with P60 so got a P61. I do not see much difference either. Yes you can tell a difference but not as much as I'd hoped for. was comparing it side by side with my Scorpion. The Scorp seemed to have a whiter light and a better spot. The main difference could be noticed when used outdoors in near complete darkness at ranges 15-20 yards away. But still not that much overall brighter [to me]. I mainly use it for my job working security so I keep the 61 assembly in it in case I have to shine someone in the face, but might switch back to the 60 when the current batteries drain out.Either way it works good and for me the main consideration is runtime, but I don't use it much at all so the 61 will last a while for me.
Was disappointed at first that they were not that much brighter, how about a 9v, will that make for a brighter light?