Sad day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mgizler

Enlightened
So I let my wife use my surefire l1 for work, she's a forensics detective, just so she had a decent light to use. Well they hired a new girl and my wife has to train her. Soo she has no flashlight, and my wife let's her use the L1 and the girls LOSES IT!! Can't find it any where and doesn't remember where she last had it.

Needless to say I'm pretty upset about it. I loved the light and knew my wife would take care of it. And she's really torn up about it by the way. And Feels like its her fault, which its not. But if just sucks because you can't find them anymore, and when you do people are asking 169$ because they are discontinued.

Well, I just had to get that of my chest. Anyone want to sell one:)

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hope they are more careful with the evidence they collect than they were with your flashlight. :p

Was it the L1 Cree edition?

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Mgizler, I feel your pain. This has happened to me before, not with flashlights but with instruments and tools. Does the woman who lost it know what it's worth? It might motivate her to retrace her steps if she understands what it costs.

Viper715

Enlightened
Check out the market place. You can find them for around $80-$110 from time to time. Sorry for your loss we all feel your pain.

Mgizler

Enlightened
Yeah my wife is really upset and pissed about it.

I have had this happen to me so many times, and its the reason why I usually don't lend stuff out and never borrow and thing. If I need it, I buy it.

THE_dAY

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hopefully they end up finding it, you never know.

Check out the market place. You can find them for around $80-$110 from time to time. Sorry for your loss we all feel your pain.
Also, I about to say the same thing as Viper715, check the Marketplace, I have seen them for that cheap and cheaper.

Wangstang

Newly Enlightened
Yeah my wife is really upset and pissed about it.

I have had this happen to me so many times, and its the reason why I usually don't lend stuff out and never borrow and thing. If I need it, I buy it.

I keep a solarforce L2m on hand with a nice p60 drop in. It's small enough to encourage people to keep it in their hand or put it in their pocket and it's cheap/easy to replace.

Sorry to hear about your loss though. Any idea of which scene she lost it at. Might not hurt to have your wife or the girl make a follow up call to said locations to see if the light turned up at some one's house or business.

Wes

varmint

Enlightened
Yrs ago I was with the local SO and my wife was Red Cross diaster volunteer, she loaned my Streamlight SL20 to someone and forgot who, I was PO'ed to say the least, I finally got intouch with the Red Cross and they put out a lookout for it and found it, rundown,scratched,lens broken. I told them how I felt about all of that very plainly, new lens and many yrs later I am still using it sometimes, today! Have light back, works great, traded wife off.

sweetlight

Newly Enlightened
If someone borrows something and loses it they should replace it period

I also believe that your wife is at least fifty percent responsible for the lights safe return. She was in charge of it and should of kept a sharp eye on it or impressed the trainee of the lights value.

Mgizler

Enlightened
I keep a solarforce L2m on hand with a nice p60 drop in. It's small enough to encourage people to keep it in their hand or put it in their pocket and it's cheap/easy to replace.

Sorry to hear about your loss though. Any idea of which scene she lost it at. Might not hurt to have your wife or the girl make a follow up call to said locations to see if the light turned up at some one's house or business.

Wes

Yeah I just gave her a pretty used fenix pd30 that I have carried for work for quite some time. If it gets lost, I won't lose sleep over that one.

Now I'm on the hunt for a new light to edc for work. Def want a cr123 powered light. Just not sure what to get, or better yet, not sure what I want

HotWire

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is the duty of the borrower to return the light in the same condition as when she borrowed it. Anything less is irresponsible arrogance. I wouldn't lend her anything for quite awhile. Responsibility would seem a major part of her job. Ask for a new light. She owes it to you. Such an experience is a good reason to assemble a small bag of worthless lights to be used and lenders!

monkeyboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sunwayman M10R would make a nice replacement for less $$$. The floody beam might even be better for forensic work.

fonaryk

Newly Enlightened

I also believe that your wife is at least fifty percent responsible for the lights safe return. She was in charge of it and should of kept a sharp eye on it or impressed the trainee of the lights value.

Have to agree here. Additionally,don't they get a "standard issue" light for such important work?

How do you lose a light when your whole job revolves around details? Then again,what do I know? There's only so much one can learn from

Miami CSI.

Sorry for your loss, may you find a replacement soon.

Mgizler

Enlightened
Thanks for the input guys. The girl has said that if she cannot find it, she will replace it.

As far as an issued light goes, they get one but its a 5.11 tactical that's the size of a 4d maglite. And my wife likes to carry a light small enough that she can fit into her uniform cargo pants.

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
A belated welcome to CPF Mgizler!

Your a good man out fitting your better half with a high quality light. I did the same. She does health and safety audits and I got her a E1L for her inspection kit. Her personal lights are an Arc AAA (her favorite) and an Ion. I used to fuss over her lights but that drove her crazy. So now I just go with the flow. She returns them when they need batteries or cleaning.

I will simply replace them if they get lost.

kelmo

Jash

Flashlight Enthusiast
A perfect, if sad example of the need for lights.

Christmas is coming up, get your wife a couple of nice budget lights. Something from Fenix, 4Sevens, Jetbeam etc.

Last edited:

ragweed

Enlightened

Hillbilly scum bags will not do that & there are plenty of them in the good old USA..!

Status
Not open for further replies.