Acebeam        
Page 124 of 127 FirstFirst ... 2474114117118119120121122123124125126127 LastLast
Results 3,691 to 3,720 of 3802

Thread: Elzetta- The industry's best kept secret.

Default Re: Elzetta- The industry's best kept secret.

Quote Originally Posted by delus View Post
    I want to give an Elzetta as a gift. I know he wants rechargeable batteries. I also want engraving.
    1. Doesn't anybody have pre-bored Bravo bodies in stock?
    2. Would the pre-bored body have the correct logo spacing already on it, to allow engraving as well?
    3. Does a non-bored Bravo with 16340's rattle? I've heard this gets about 800 lumens but only 20 minutes runtime?
    4. Is the enough space to engrave a name on a Bones? 11 letters. Would it look stupid or off center? Too small?

Nice, while writing this post, have been conversing with Elzetta's people via email. They can and will engrave a Bones, with a small number of letters. The font will be small and underneath the existing bones logo, but I'm gonna go with it. They even said they could ship it this afternoon.

Problem solved!
    Wish I saw this earlier or someone else provided more info/options for you.

You could have bought an engraved bravo and had a local machine shop bore it for you. Or you could have sent it to a fellow member like Martin D White to bore it. I don't think the cost to bore it for 18mm cells would have cost too much.

Hope the person enjoys the Bones, heard it's a good light as well

Flashaholic*

Wish Elzetta had a version of the Charlie that could take 17500 or 18650 batteries.

(I do own a Charlie,but I don't use it all that much,since my Zebralight SC64w and Olight SR1 II are rechargable,brighter..and also easier to pocket carry.)

The durabilty of Elzetta lights I love...I just don't like feeding the hungry light monster with CR123s constantly.

Flashaholic

I don't have the Charlie Elzetta just the Bravo model but I think you can run the Charlie on 2x 16500 li ion cells. Efest has IMR 16500 900mah. You won't get as much capacity but you should get the full output or very close with the AVS head, 3x cr123a=9v or 2x 16500=8.4v . At least you'll be running rechargeables. You can check "Battery Junction".

Flashaholic

There are even some 1000mah li ion 14500 batteries now you could give a try with a few wraps of paper around them for a better fit. That might keep away the hungry light monster for a while. I've been using 16650's in my Bravo and that works pretty well.

Flashaholic*

What I meant..is a version of the Charlie designed to take rechargable batteries from the start.Basiclly,a 3-cell version of the Bones.

A bored Charlie (ie 3 cell Bones) would use 3x18350's? 2x18500's perhaps?
    John 3:16

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by AMD64Blondie View Post
    What I meant..is a version of the Charlie designed to take rechargable batteries from the start.Basiclly,a 3-cell version of the Bones.
    The short answer is no. But you still have a few options you could make work for you, whether you wanted to use the Charlie as is, or have it bored out.

Flashaholic

I don't have the Bones either but my guess is the Bones has the same electronics as the AVS head for the Charlie and Bravo accept it has a battery tube that will take an 18650 cell @ 4.2v. I run my Bravo with a 16650 @ 4.2v fully charged, the lumen output will be reduced compared to using 2x cr123a @ 6v to whatever lumens it can generate with the slightly lower voltage from the 16650 cell. If anyone that has a Bones light, maybe they can tell me what the bones output/lumens is with a 18650. You could run your Charlie with the same voltage as a stock Bones by using 1x 16650 and a dummy cell spacer and get a decent run time with it. Hence a "Charlie" version of the Bones.

The AVS can go from 6 volts to 9. (+/-)
    The Bones can go from 3 to 6. (+/-)

The Bones uses the same optic system as the AVS. Without knowing some trade secrets I cannot say how one or the other engine can be altered but using a 18650 in the Bones I could not see a difference over the primaries. I stuck with primaries in a 2 cell magazine for both of my Bones lights though.

Actually the AVS can run on 3 volts. I ran my Charlie with my AVS head for over 10 hours on 2 eneloop proís.It runs at reduced output of course. It started out around 40-50 lumens and by 10 hours was maybe 5? I ended the test but it was still chugging along and still very usable.
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

I suppose "meant to run on" would've been a more correct way to say it TG. I don't own a Charlie but if I did I'd probably do the eneloop idea or perhaps a pair of ultimate lithiums since my preference is primary fuel.

Anyone ever try to disassemble an AVS head? I was wondering if you could remove the module without destroying it.

Well the led is potted do not sure itís possible. What are you thinking to do?
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

Trying to run a different drop in. Thought if I could take the module out and just use the aluminum head I would try to fit a different p60 in there. The original bezel isnít big enough.

My recently acquired used AVS Elzetta Charlie will run on 2xAW 17500 cells (1100 mAh). I don't know what the runtime is on either hi or lo on those.

Does anyone know if the "standard bezel" that fits Malkoff drop-ins comes with a lens? I'm hopping into the GB for the Malkoff M91B N in 5k, and I'd like the option to drop that module into an Elzetta Bravo (with high/low cap) running a 16650 for general around town carry. Wondering if I also need to pickup the Malkoff MDX 16.5 lens and gasket kit to fit into the Elzetta standard bezel, or if it comes with the glass included.

I'll likely also add the AVS head and use the pure Elzetta setup with primaries as my backcountry hunting and camping light.

Thanks,
    Cory

Flashaholic

you'll need this lens kit:

https://malkoffdevices.com/products/...ns-and-gaskets

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatBamReno View Post
    Does anyone know if the "standard bezel" that fits Malkoff drop-ins comes with a lens? I'm hopping into the GB for the Malkoff M91B N in 5k, and I'd like the option to drop that module into an Elzetta Bravo (with high/low cap) running a 16650 for general around town carry. Wondering if I also need to pickup the Malkoff MDX 16.5 lens and gasket kit to fit into the Elzetta standard bezel, or if it comes with the glass included.

I'll likely also add the AVS head and use the pure Elzetta setup with primaries as my backcountry hunting and camping light.

Thanks,
    Cory

from elzetta to me via fb:

" We are working on several new things for Fall. Stay tuned! "
    Malkoff M61T, Jetbeam E21A 5700k 9080 AAA.

That's exciting. I hope to see a 2 cell alpha. That would be great!

OH! Something new from them! Canít wait to see what they are thinking of. There stuff is fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by nmiller View Post
    That's exciting. I hope to see a 2 cell alpha. That would be great!
    Iím thinking a 2 cell alpha would overlap with there bravo.

I was thinking ďisnít a 2 cell alpha called a Bravo?Ē

Guessing a smaller (not AVS) head design. So an old school Bravo with higher output?

Be interesting to see something new from them. Their stuff is great, although I only have the Bravo, but it is great. My woods walking flood light.

There geared more towards military/police kind of stuff so maybe a thrower is in the works

A thrower with an optic would nice. Or an 18650 light with high low. Or both those options in one light.

Iíve mentioned flat white thrower to them and a new bones and 18650 use like Malkoff do.
    hope they will listen in.

Quote Originally Posted by Slumber Pass View Post
    A thrower with an optic would nice. Or an 18650 light with high low. Or both those options in one light.
    Last edited by neutralwhite; 05-25-2020 at 01:16 PM.

That is good news. Can't wait to see. I do really like my Elzetta's. It would be nice if the Bravo fit an 18650. I think all the 2 cell lights should be bored for 18650 and just ship with a sleeve to stop CR123 rattle in there. The last Elzetta I bought was the new Alpha. Not crazy about the tint on that one, but really like the light and the fact that it takes RCR123s no problem. Love that high/low tail cap.

A two cell alpha would be totally different than the bravo. I would love to see the Alpha stay the same with a longer body to accommodate 2x123a or 1x16650. The output can stay the same too. In single cell format it is too inefficient. Longer run time is all I want. It would make a nice small 2x123 format. Very easy to carry and very good at accomplishing what it is meant to do.

Gene Malkoff mentioned the M61T current XPL LED would be replaced by the W1/W2 LED soon.
    hope elzetta uses it too somewhere or something.

I would like to see them make a 1xCR123a extender, so a Bravo owner could turn it into a Charlie, if desired.

Quote Originally Posted by nmiller View Post
    A two cell alpha would be totally different than the bravo. I would love to see the Alpha stay the same with a longer body to accommodate 2x123a or 1x16650. The output can stay the same too. In single cell format it is too inefficient. Longer run time is all I want. It would make a nice small 2x123 format. Very easy to carry and very good at accomplishing what it is meant to do.
    It might sound weird, but I like Alpha beam more than that of an AVS standard lens too.

Page 124 of 127 FirstFirst ... 2474114117118119120121122123124125126127 LastLast