Prometheus        
Page 120 of 122 FirstFirst ... 2070110113114115116117118119120121122 LastLast
Results 3,571 to 3,600 of 3645

Thread: Elzetta- The industry's best kept secret.

Default Re: Elzetta- The industry's best kept secret.

I have had a bones on my wish list for awhile now. And every time I’m ready to grab one I see a Malkoff I want instead. Decisions decisions
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

Default Elzetta- The industry's best kept secret.

I tried the Bravo/Charlie Hi-Lo cap on a Bones some time ago and it worked fine. Don’t have the Bones any more but there was no problem when I tried it. Don’t remember seeing the effect seen with the Alpha cap.
    Last edited by Johnnyh; 09-08-2019 at 09:37 PM.
    I only fear that if something happens to me, my wife will sell all my stuff for what I told her I paid for it.

I get the impression that the tail end of the tube is a bit sharper on the Bones, i.e. not flat, so the pin that works the hi/lo bit can sometimes find itself over the edge of the tube and not butted against it.
    So it may be a bit hit and miss.
    P
    Peter's shopping list:- HDS / Oveready 170N Exec/LE and an Oveready V4 Nichia Drop In. Otherwise I'm content. Want want want, that's me.

Quote Originally Posted by peter yetman View Post
    I get the impression that the tail end of the tube is a bit sharper on the Bones, i.e. not flat, so the pin that works the hi/lo bit can sometimes find itself over the edge of the tube and not butted against it.
    So it may be a bit hit and miss.
    P
    Oh yea...now I remember...it worked on mine but as Peter said, this was a concern. (I wish I had the Bones in hand but I gifted it to my son). There is a marked difference...not much there for the high low pin to contact on the Bones.
    I only fear that if something happens to me, my wife will sell all my stuff for what I told her I paid for it.

Don't forget flamer, a clicky with a lockout feature can also be used as a twisty with momentary.
    Just leave it clicked to on.

The Bones comes natural HA where the others are black. I use the factory tailcap for a twisty at times but the travel of the button is geared for momentary and the click is pretty quiet like all Elzetta clickys.
    Last edited by bykfixer; 09-09-2019 at 05:35 AM.
    John 3:16

Quote Originally Posted by bykfixer View Post
    Don't forget flamer, a clicky with a lockout feature can also be used as a twisty with momentary.
    Just leave it clicked to on.

The Bones comes natural HA where the others are black. I use the factory tailcap for a twisty at times but the travel of the button is geared for momentary and the click is pretty quiet like all Elzetta clickys.

I think the clicky is a little quieter because the Elzetta's boot is really thick, at least it feels much thicker than a SF or McClicky for sure. I always notice after the light has been sitting a few hours with no use, the very first click on is the quietest. Then if you keep clicking it, all the other clicks sound louder. Very strange sounding no pun intended.

Thanks, fellas. I like the idea of a no-nonsense, bullet proof, back up twisty tail cap. I doubt the clicky version would ever fail me, but I have a tendency to collect spares in my parts bin. I don't really need high/low for this application.
    “May it be a light to you in dark places, when all other lights go out.”
    J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

Agreed, twistys are definitely less likely to give out before a clicky.

Now if we could just convince Henry of that😁😁 But absolutely I love twistys. Not to much that can go wrong.
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

I finally pulled the trigger on one of these.

The threads came bone dry, which I found amusing in a poetic sort of way.

No worries. I've got more thread lube than Jimmy Kimmel has jokes. One outstanding feature is the mismatched anodizing. My photos don't do justice, but the bezel ring, flashlight body, and tail cap are all different shades of grey and have unique textures. Yep, instant Surefire nostalgia out of the box!

Flashaholic*

Howdy MF.. Really like the ano mismatch. Is your new acquisition fresh from Elzetta store?

Quote Originally Posted by knucklegary View Post
    Howdy MF.. Really like the ano mismatch. Is your new acquisition fresh from Elzetta store?
    Yes, it's new from Elzetta. I took delivery today straight from the Bluegrass State. There is a dent with a scratch on the head of the light near the bezel ring. At first I wondered if this was a used and returned flashlight, but there is accompanying damage to the blister pack itself. I suspect it got a little roughed up in the warehouse or perhaps during shipping. Doesn't matter. This will be a working light.

Flashaholic*

That bump takes the "ah shoot" out of first dinging a pristine finish. Bones is a great service light!

Wow. Ok dry threads and a little damage to light.Not really acceptable. But how do you like it?

Quote Originally Posted by thermal guy View Post
    Wow. Ok dry threads and a little damage to light.Not really acceptable. But how do you like it?
    I've owned a Bravo and a Charlie before, so I doubt this evening's tests will bring any surprises in terms of beam shape, tint, etc. I like the overall aesthetic. I think that the gradual taper of the head as it joins the body makes for a better grip than the Bravo, which always felt a little short for my hands. Knurling is nice and grippy. I think I'd prefer a twisty tail cap for nuke proof durability, even if the black anodizing doesn't match. I'm also a big fan of lights that use one battery.

With winter approaching, I wanted something simple, bright and reliable that could fit in my pocket, even if it's too large for edc. I've got other lights that provide low output and long run time, and still others that provide range. This one will ride with me on those dark winter time commutes home from the office and on night time errands.

Hopefully your in stock lube is better than Jimmy Kimmels jokes.

My Bones arrived "bone dry".... Just kidding. It was slathered with a white lube all over the threads.
    The ano matched perfect. I bought one about a day aftrr they showed up on the Elzetta site though. NA finish aint an easy thing to get correct. So I figured I got lucky.

This Elzetta flashlight equipped with the standard lens is breath taking. It provides a full view of everything, left to right, high and low, out to a respectable distance. Last time I owned Elzetta products, I was not able to appreciate the design philosophy. I get it now.

Dam it! Ya ok the bones is next on my list.

I thought the Alpha would be my next purchase, but I'm happy with this decision. The Bones is also perfect for my back yard. The Hound Dog works well, too, but I have to waive it around a bit more.

The Alpha 415 is a really good backup to the Bones like Streamlights Strion is to a Stinger in my view.

You know it's a backup so you don't expect full performance, yet it can hold its own pretty well.

The bored Bravo, with AVS head, really is a phenomenal light. If it'll fit comfortably in my pocket, it's what I tend to choose over all others.
    Last edited by Grizzman; 09-16-2019 at 09:26 PM.

Just acquired a Bravo so I look forward to its arrival. Non bored, AVS with a hi/lo that is reportedly SN 00048.

I'll pair it with my Alpha 315 hi/lo.

oooooooo i missed this mr flame, congrats. I still have mine with flood and throw optic(latter is in). Love the warm side temp, maybe 4000k ish. Its one of my all time fav switches to boot!(see what i did there). Its a little bulky carry for pockets, but winter coat time, good to go. Single mode simplicity, get what your given, i also love.
    Make no bones about it, its fits in nicely with some of my US lights

Right there are the toughest 3 light manufactures out there!!

Quote Originally Posted by bykfixer View Post
    Just acquired a Bravo so I look forward to its arrival...
    You got a great deal! I'm glad it's going to someone who can appreciate its value.

Quote Originally Posted by ven View Post
    oooooooo i missed this mr flame, congrats...
    Thanks, mate! I might have thought that was my collection until I saw that the photo was made in your living room.

Quote Originally Posted by ven View Post
    Its one of my all time fav switches to boot!(see what i did there).
    You're a punny guy!

Quote Originally Posted by thermal guy View Post
    Dam it! Ya ok the bones is next on my list.
    You wont regret it, if can get flood and throw optics, like having 2 lights in one(bar the 15 second swap over). The flood is wonderful, a warm side flood of usefulness, soft on the eyes and brain. Want punch, the throw does kick some decent light out there, ample for most applications. Its a different type of beam up close or against something checking out. In actual use, the hot spot/corona/spill is more subtle. The almost silent switch is a benchmark other switches should be judged against!!!!

Ven do you know what switch they use?
    Don’t Tread On Me

Quote Originally Posted by usdiver View Post
    Ven do you know what switch they use?
    I dont sorry, not had it apart either to look at. Its near silent and has great feel. Defo one of the better switches i have used over the years.

Interestingly, is it normal when the LED is covered with something like hoarfrost? There are no complaints about the work and the quality of the beam, everything is at the highest level, just the first time I see such dome cover.

The first photo - I removed the lens and shone only through a plastic reflector.

Page 120 of 122 FirstFirst ... 2070110113114115116117118119120121122 LastLast