Elzetta- The industry's best kept secret.

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
I have two Elzetta lights, a 3 cell and a 2 cell. They both have hi/low tail caps. The quality is up there, yes, with Surefire. ;)

The black matte finish (HA III) is of the nicest I've seen.

All Elzetta parts play Lego, they all run Malkoff modules. What's not to love?

I am mystified on why there is not much talk about Elzetta, there is no shortage of Malkoff discussion! :D

Search Elzetta on YouTube. They hammer nails with them, shoot them with shotguns, and disassemble and reassemble UNDERWATER! :eek:

I highly recommend these lights, especially if you already own Malkoff modules, you can buy Elzetta parts A la carte. Lol.

No man shall call himself a flashaholic if his collection sans a Elzetta. :D

Here are a few pics of my beauties.

photobucket-2099-1322256449945.jpg

photobucket-606-1322256420097.jpg

photobucket-4106-1322256380387.jpg

614478037_photobucket_56944_.jpg

614478037_photobucket_56942_.jpg

614478037_photobucket_56940_.jpg

Last edited:

Vortus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Were I to mount a light on a weapon, Elzetta would be my first choice.

purelite

Enlightened
I really like the looks of the hosts. They are built like tanks and are definitley as good or better really than Surefire hosts. The problem is they dont offer 18mm for rechargeables. At least thats my problem with them. I contacted Elzetta about it and asked if they planned on doing some hosts boed for 18mm. Short answer is "NOpe".
I still look at them all the time. and I guess maybe a 17mm might fit and that would be ok . But they should do a 4 cell body so you could use 2x17670 but i dont think thats coming either.

I guess you dont hear more praise because they are hosts utilizing Malkoff dropins and CPFrs seem to be more into the Light Engines and the ability to run rechargeables than the host itself? I like watching those vids too though. I wish Gene would do another dropin with a lens so it wouold be waterproof again

blackbalsam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Always loving my Elzetta's...Very Tough and Beautiful...A must have with a Malkoff....Robert.

Vortus

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think I read it on Elzetta's website, but if not there then an article about them. They go with a primary only design for the very reason they are built as stout as they are. Work every time all the time when needed under constant abuse from weapon recoil. Primaries are more reliable and shock resistant to the abuse induced when firing a weapon. A very purpose built tool that happens to work well as a regular flashlight too.

seahunt

Enlightened
They are not difficult to bore to 18mm. Someone will turn up to professionally
do the work. The Oveready triple will fit with just simple mod--think removing some
ot the LE's anodizing to provide a ground, and opening-up the body's throat so the
LE can sit further-in. Two 18350 IMR fit snugly (trim contact springs).
Worst part of Elzetta marketing was the pictures they chose to run, made the light look awkwardly out of balance (big head, small body). They are really quite compact, smaller than a 6P. Best HAlll ever, feels like cloth.
Gotta luv Legos!
Regards, Chuck

BIG45-70

Enlightened
My 2 cell elzetta is my favorite light. The m60 with the high low switch is perfect for camping. I run it with a 17670.

HotWire

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have 2 Elzetta lights with high/low clickies. They are both wonderful lights. Malkoff emitters. Built like a tank. They have an excellent record of reliability with law enforcement and the military. This is one tough light.

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
look nice,
never heared of them

but this "built like a tank" - mentionned a few times here - thats the main neg. point.
A light has to be light, its already in its name.
;)

davyro

Enlightened
I've been looking at Elzetta's & they certainly look like a great light to own,so i might just pull the trigger on one of these,
they have to earn a reputation for being as good as some of the well known lights before they become a house hold name.I've
got the feeling the Elzetta will do this over time but they are a quite new light & if i want one i'll have to buy from the U.S .:shrug:

twl

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the ZFL-M60-CS3D, which is the 3-cell crenelated bezel hi/lo switch version.

IMO, it is the highest quality, best built host that you can buy, and it has the best feature set for a tactical light with all tailcap control, and a very predictable action GREAT momentary and nearly silent switch.
Best HAIII that I've ever seen, and is virtually a perfect match for a Colt AR15 anodizing.
Malkoff light engines with a perfect mated fit for the Malkoff drop-ins for best thermal management.
You can't beat this light for a 2-cell or 3-cell P60 host. It dominates the competition.

I love mine. If the word ever gets out about these Elzettas, then Surefire is gonna be in trouble.

BIGLOU

Enlightened
I have also been eye balling the ZFL-CS2D. Using the 17670 is OK for me but If I do get this light I will probably get it bored to 18650. Don't mean to go off topic but who offers the best deal on these and has anyone threw on a clip for EDCing? Thanks.

Last edited:

twl

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have also been eye balling the ZFL-CS2D. Using the 17670 is OK for me but If I do get this light I will probably get it bored to 18650. Don't mean to go off topic but who offers the best deal on these and has anyone threw on a clip for EDCing? Thanks.

Dark Sucks in the custom forum makes a nice titanium clip for $25 that fits it.

Latest posts