Fenix tk41 or tk45?

hemi1300

Newly Enlightened
Looking for a nice light to keep in my truck tool box. Something that is extremely bright and has a few modes as well. Both the tk41 and tk45 look like they fit the bill, but which one? Really lookin for a light with more flood rather than a tight hotspot type beam, so i can light up the whole area in front of me. Which one do u guys think would be better?

Samy

Enlightened
I have the tk41 and it is very narrow. I'd like to get a tk45 also for flood as the tk41's hotspot can be painful at closer ranges, even in lower outputs. The hotspot really overwhelms the spill.

Cheers

hemi1300

Newly Enlightened
Thinkin i might go with the tk45. After reading lots of reviews it seems like a very well made light and has lots of flood. Tk41 also seems like a great light, but i think it's more of a thrower

pjforbama

Newly Enlightened
I've seen them both in action, and in my opinion the tk45 gives a better flood.

Richub

Enlightened
I own both of them, and indeed the TK45 has a lot more flood, even the spill is brighter due to the three LED configuration.

Besides that, the TK45 has a really low LOW setting which lasts for 232 hours. Talk about a long lasting emergency light here. ;)

fishndad

Enlightened
Thinkin i might go with the tk45. After reading lots of reviews it seems like a very well made light and has lots of flood. Tk41 also seems like a great light, but i think it's more of a thrower

you know your gonna buy both of them anyway:naughty:

Ezeriel

Enlightened
A TK45 on turbo is like turning on your high-beams... it's awesome

On low it's like an old mini-mag... and it has two levels in between :rock:

Just be sure is unscrew it in the middle a little bit when you store it, so that you can't turn it on with the buttons.

It has a small parasitic drain on the batteries, and you need to break the connection or it will drain them in about 3 months, I guestimate

The only real downside to an amazing light.

SimulatedZero

Enlightened
Do you need throw or flood? I have a TK41 and it's very useful as a duty light or seeing something 1000 feet away in a field, but not so much as a mechanic's light. Seems a waste to be stuck sitting in the back of a truck but to each there own. The TK45 is a little bit smaller all the way around and looks like it may be a better general purpose light.

Animalmother

Newly Enlightened
I had both, I actually used them both in similar conditions. I actually liked the TK45 much better. It could throw far enough. If you need it, the TK41 has a VERY tight hotspot. Way out of use for what I needed and I am a throw guys here on the boards. Make sure what you consider flood or throw. As a throw guy the TK45 was enough for me.