• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD - VLOP Alum Reflector, 2D - 8AA Holder, PR To Bi-Pin Socket, WA1164 Bulb + ROP

mattchase

Newly Enlightened
All items Sold!

I bought all of these parts in mid-2007 for my 2D Mag which has spent most of it's life on my shelf at home, with only a few road trips. It's only been used a few times (a couple of minutes at a time...mostly showing off how bright it was) and was always handled with respect. I'm keeping the Mag body for a Malkoff dropin and am parting out the rest.

I have 2 bulbs, a WA1164 and a ROP 3854. I originally started with the ROP 3854 and shortly after moved to the WA1164. I would guess the WA1164 has about 2 - 3 hours of use on it, and the ROP probably even less. I didn't take a picture of the ROP as I was originally going to keep it but changed my mind, if you want a picture I can take one.

The gold PR to Bi-Pin socket is made by Fivemega and is in very good condition, from his 4th run.

The VLOP reflector is also from Fivemega, it has the removable cam on it and is barely used, it has been sitting on my shelf since shortly after I got it. I bought an orange peel reflector around the same time and used that most of the time.

The battery holder is from The Sandwich Shoppe (theledguy) and is also in very good condition with only minor signs of use.

reflector.jpg

FM 8.38mm VLOP Aluminum Reflector - $15

pr-bi-pin.jpg

FM Gold PR to Bi-Pin Ceramic Socket - $10

2d-8aa.jpg

2D - 8AA Holder - $10

wa1164.jpg

WA1164 / ROP 3854 - $4 each (or $6 for both)

First person to claim "I can't live without ______ part" gets it.

Payment by Paypal only, shipping to USA only. Shipping is $4 by USPS mail (no additional shipping charge if you buy multiple items). Buy everything listed and I will pay for shipping.

Last edited:

JacobJones

Enlightened
Re: VLOP Alum Reflector, 2D - 8AA Battery Holder, PR To Bi-Pin Socket, WA1164 Bulb +

Damn, another sale I miss out on due to geographical location. What would it take to persuade you to ship all of the parts to the United Kingdom?

mattchase

Newly Enlightened
Re: VLOP Alum Reflector, 2D - 8AA Battery Holder, PR To Bi-Pin Socket, WA1164 Bulb +

I went back and forth quite a bit on shipping internationally before I posted this, I just finished reading about 4Sevens recent buyer / shipping issues which I know is not the norm, but still gave me pause. But besides that I wasn't sure anyone would want to pay the added cost for international shipping if they were to buy just one of the items (I hate paying more for shipping then the item costs in the first place!). If the shipping cost doesn't bother you then I would be fine shipping to the UK, everything fits into a small flat rate box which is $13.25 for priority mail to England but that doesn't include tracking or delivery confirmation (which don't appear to be available). I will foot the extra $1 for the certificate of mailing option so you (and I) will know it is sent.

So it would be $41 for all the parts + $13.25 for shipping, $54.25 (US) total.

Let me know if that's ok with you and we can trade personal info in PMs.

JacobJones

Enlightened

I forgot to ask something, does this battery carrier fit without boring the inside of the maglite body?

mattchase

Newly Enlightened

It's been awhile since I got it but from what I remember the battery holder itself fits without boring the Mag, but the batteries you put in it might not. From what I remember it fit with standard alkalines, but I had to bore my Mag in order to use Eneloops. I will see if I can borrow a non-bored Mag to double check this, but if you plan on using Eneloops (and maybe other rechargeables) then it is probably safe to say your Mag will need to be bored some.

JacobJones

Enlightened

I can get 8 eneloops in my maglite 2D without a carrier so I suppose there's a chance they'll fit with it aswell. Anyway, I've made up my mind, :takeit: PM incoming. I'll probably put a resistor in so I can use 8 eneloops without blowing the bulb, call me OCD but I can't stand odd numbers. Did you have to mod the maglite switch to cope with the high current?

mattchase

Newly Enlightened

Sale / payment for all items is pending.

mattchase

Newly Enlightened

Thanks everyone for your interest, all items have been sold.

JacobJones

Enlightened

Parts arrived in the post today, well packaged and in great condition. Thankyou very much. 8 eneloops do fit in the maglite with the carrier but it's very tight, i'm going to do what you did and use a brake hone to make the maglite slightly bigger.

Latest posts